• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Met Office warnings issued for South Yorkshire

ACTIVEYellow warning of snow

Updated 1 February at 11:30 GMT

From 22:00 GMT on Mon 1 February To 23:59 GMT on Tue 2 February

Snow, with a risk of widespread ice during Monday night and particularly Tuesday, bringing difficult travelling conditions.

- Possible travel delays on roads, stranding some vehicles and passengers, particularly on higher level routes across the Southern Uplands and Pennines

- Bus and train services potentially delayed or cancelled. Possible delays or cancellations to air travel

- Some higher rural communities could become cut off

- Power cuts may occur and other services, such as mobile phone coverage, may be affected

- A chance of injuries from slips and falls on icy surfaces, with some pavements and cycle paths perhaps almost impassable

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2639093

Forecast is 6 degrees and showers for Rotherham this evening.

After such a positive day signing players yesterday I have decided that just enjoying watching the Rams do their best on the pitch is what it is all about. Let the takeover do what it wants. I am a football fan.  We have a good team. We have new players. Looks like we have an excellent manager. Enjoy. I am excited to see what we do tonight but it is only going to get better. Maybe much better.

Tough selection choice for this one... shame we don't have a couple more of the new lads available yet, but I'd go with this to start with:

Marshall
Byrne, Wisdom, Clarke, Buchanan
Knight, Bird, Shinnie
Sibley, Kazim, Jozwiak

See how Bird gets on in the 'Bielik role'... if he's struggling a bit, bring Mengi on at half time and go 3 at the back.

... although we all know he'll start Waghorn!

34 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I don't know what's happened to waghorn, he just never looks like scoring anymore. His confidence must be shot.

He just rushes his shots. Clark is practicing his headed goals every day for 45 mins. Waggy should practice his one on ones.

Great opportunity in these next 2 games to really pull away from trouble and start looking up the table. If we win them both then that will be 5 wins in a row, is this team good enough at the moment to deliver that?

I think there is a chance we will slip up in one of the next 2 games, which means the hard slog to get out of trouble (because of our results pre-Rooney) will continue a bit longer. If that happens and we lose to either Rotherham or Wycombe, I won’t be having a meltdown and saying that means we’re going to go down because we can’t beat the teams down the bottom. It’s the championship and results/form evens itself out and based on the Rooney improvement and the strengthening we did yesterday we will be absolutely fine. 

And if we are to slip up, would actually be better to do it against Wycombe (who look like they’re down) rather than Rotherham.

10 minutes ago, Grandadsawbloomer said:

Just looking to set up this match on RamsTv but I have already bought it once,2minutes before it was postponed. Do we have to pay again and still risk another postponement?

This fixture was initially due to be played on Saturday 19th December but was postponed shortly before kick-off due to a COVID-19 outbreak in Rotherham’s squad. As a result, the match is still classed as a ‘weekend fixture’ for streaming opportunities.

Pay-per-view passes are available at the following prices, which are by the EFL:
£10 - United Kingdom
£5 - International countries

Please Note: Pay-per-view passes for the original match date in December which were purchased remain valid.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/02/watch-from-home-rotherham-united-vs-Derby-county-live-on-ramstv-important-information-2

Archived