Rams@Millers 3/2/21 - Matchday thread

Rev

12 hours ago, Rampage said:

Most important game so far. Win this and we would be 8 points up on Rotherham although they have two games in hand. Wendies are getting better but we just need to match them to stay ahead. Four teams above us are catchable . Let us hope that some at least drop points. A few games between rivals coming up in the next fortnight so if we can win these next two it will make a big difference as rivals are bound to drop points.

a draw will do

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Rotherham have got our number if the last match is anything to go by. Let's see how much Rooney learned and if he can make the changes required to get a result. Win this and I reckon we are well on the way to pulling away from the trap door.

They won by how many goals, when we were playing like a bag of pants!?

18 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Rotherham have got our number if the last match is anything to go by. Let's see how much Rooney learned and if he can make the changes required to get a result. Win this and I reckon we are well on the way to pulling away from the trap door.

I was just looking back at that game and this is how we set up. With Evans seemingly on his way out, I can't see us playing with a back 3 so it's likely to be same formation as the previous game. No Bielik so Bird comes in. Only other thing I might change is Sibley for Waghorn?

Could work in our favour to be putting more or less the same team out and Rooney can tell them "you were dog**** in the game at pride park, get out there and put it right" sort of thing. They must want to prove that they're good enough to pull away from Rotherham, hopefully that and the 3 wins will have them fired up!

20210201_154738.jpg

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

They won by how many goals, when we were playing like a bag of pants!?

I just watched the highlights back from that game and even though team performance was pretty disjointed and poor, we still carved out some decent chances. If we play to the level of the recent games we should hopefully have enough to see us through.

If we let our levels drop though, we know Rotherham can definitely punish us

36 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

mitigating circumstances were we had a lengthy lay off due to covid, the players hadn't been paid and the pitch was at its worst.  They sat on Bielik and he doesn't play so it will, be interesting.  Even without Bielik I think we are a different proposition, hope so

Archived