Top 5 teams you hate most

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't hate clubs more than I hate (well, rather dislike) types of fans:

1: "Of course I'm a Man Utd fan. I know I live in Plymouth but my great grandad was born eighty miles from Manchester so I had to be."

2: "Been a City fan since I was a boy. Didn't have time to follow them too much till about 2010, due to work, but since then I haven't missed a game on Sky"

3: "I follow Sunderland coz we're one of the biggest clubs in the country. We'd won the league five times before World War One, that means we deserve to be in the Premier League."

4: "Derby? Who are they? You want to get yourself a real club, I've been following Tottenham since Mourinho came. Best team in the land."

5: "I guess I'm an Arsenal fan but I don't follow them too much since we refused to pay £100m to buy Sancho. If the owners are not serious why should I be."

6: "Well, I support Derby but my lower league team is Oxford because we signed Dean Saunders from there, Celtic are my Scottish team because of Kris Commons, I follow Ajax because of Ron Willems, non-league I always look out for Worcester City because of Roger Davies and I just follow Charlton because we bought Bielik from there. And Preston, always liked them, plus Cambridge, and Forest Green because I'm vegan two days a week."

7: "I once drove past Liverpool's ground on the way to a wedding. Been a fan ever since, absolutely nothing to do with the fact they won the league last year."

4 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I don't hate clubs more than I hate (well, rather dislike) types of fans:

1: "Of course I'm a Man Utd fan. I know I live in Plymouth but my great grandad was born eighty miles from Manchester so I had to be."

2: "Been a City fan since I was a boy. Didn't have time to follow them too much till about 2010, due to work, but since then I haven't missed a game on Sky"

3: "I follow Sunderland coz we're one of the biggest clubs in the country. We'd won the league five times before World War One, that means we deserve to be in the Premier League."

4: "Derby? Who are they? You want to get yourself a real club, I've been following Tottenham since Mourinho came. Best team in the land."

5: "I guess I'm an Arsenal fan but I don't follow them too much since we refused to pay £100m to buy Sancho. If the owners are not serious why should I be."

6: "Well, I support Derby but my lower league team is Oxford because we signed Dean Saunders from there, Celtic are my Scottish team because of Kris Commons, I follow Ajax because of Ron Willems, non-league I always look out for Worcester City because of Roger Davies and I just follow Charlton because we bought Bielik from there. And Preston, always liked them, plus Cambridge, and Forest Green because I'm vegan two days a week."

7: "I once drove past Liverpool's ground on the way to a wedding. Been a fan ever since, absolutely nothing to do with the fact they won the league last year."

Got Bielik from Arsenal mate ?

9 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

But the great Edgar Davids, del Piero, Zizu ...

ManU not on your list but there’s a story about a bunch of ManU fans who landed in Turin for a euro cup game, thought they were in the wrong city, panicked, got into taxis waving their wallets and shouting ‘take us to Juventus’ and were driven round in circles for an hour before being dropped off at the ground 2 miles and 200,000 lire away.  Could be true and maybe the taxi drivers are the cheats the posters were talking about 

When we played Forest Green in the cup a few years ago I heard a story about fans of another non league team who hired a coach to take them to Forest Green and ended up in Maidenhead instead of Nailsworth.

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

There's a bloke in an American band called The Gaslight Anthem-don't now anything about them- who supports Derby County and St Pauli.  He must think we have similar attributes.  Don't know why. Anyway off to find my Sobranie cigarettes and Descartes book I was reading.

Funnily enough this guy came up when I was searching for a 5th team. I'd heard about a fake soccer team he'd created called Asbury Park, which sounded pretty cringeworthy and a poor excuse to sell some merch. After reading a bit more about it though, it's all very tongue in cheek and I decided against putting them at number 5.

Am surprised by the variety here TBH.  I thought that it was gospel by now that the list of hate is:

1.  The Red Dogs - 50%

2.  The Dirties - 40%

3.  The Stokies - 5%

4.  Fester - 4%

5.  Millwall - 1%, just because it's what they would expect really because they do that irritating constant drone all the time

The percentages express the proportionality of the hate from an available 100%.  Feel free to tweak the % as you see fit, but I would suggest that the rank order (and they are all pretty rank LOL) is about right.

Surely the hate has to bear some relation to present or previous DCFC history and not just a general dislike.  I don't see the point of wasting venom on cheating Italians from the 1970s or on any contemporary PL team because the latter could just be dismissed (correctly) as mere envy.  Hate is a valuable resource and should be aimed appropriately and accurately in order to bring any kind of cathartic usefulness.

LR2

1 hour ago, sage said:

Arbroath are my Scottish team. We hate those Forfar bar stewards, though they make good bridies.

From my very young childhood my team aught to be East Fife, although we did move to Derbyshire whilst I was young so I have a Derbyshire accent and not a fife one.

Now living in Glasgow, Partick Thistle are the traditional non-old firm team to watch so if DCFC go bust it'll prbably be the jags. Although twitters Alan Nixon claims to be a partick fan....

15 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Quite like Burnley, founder members, punching above their weight, good old fashioned working class club ?

That’s fair, but, I can’t stand them. Apart from the fact we almost always lose to them, especially at Turf Moor, there’s a few incidents that really sour me on Burnley. The two that really stick out are the red card for Martin which pretty much caused our automatic promotion push to go up in smoke in 13/14, and the cynical time wasting employed by Eddie Howe’s burnley where they went 1-0 up then had a head injury every time they went for a header. 

They have ruined too many Saturday afternoon’s for me to ever recover in my eyes! 

Archived