Top 5 teams you hate most

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Man City are my favourite team outside of Derby, predominantly for that reason. They were able to ruffle a few feathers of the 'elite' because they were able to spend money at the same level as them. When we were last in the Premier League, prior to the UAE takeover but still quite a rich club, City were spending wages around 40% of what United were. In 2017-18 and 2018-19, where City put two of the most dominant seasons together by any club in Premier League history, they weren't the highest spending club with regards to wages - that was still Man United. In fact, where City broke the record for points gained in an entire season, United's wage bill was £36m higher - 13% higher. Liverpool's wages were also higher. Man City have been allowed to compete at the top table with their money and nothing more. It's a shame that there isn't more competition in the top league, other than the odd results and freak seasons, it's the same names season-after-season. 

After all, 'buying success' is a load of baalocks. The reason clubs are where they are is because they were successful at significant periods in history, more often than not because they were backed more than others. Man Utd are arguably the biggest global brand because they were successful when football started to be televised worldwide, after already amassing a big fanbase in the UK & Ireland from earlier success. We have supporters in Ireland because we were one of the more successful clubs when football first began to get televised over there, as do Leeds and Nottingham Forest.

Buying success has always been a thing and always will be.

Dog-Leash bought the league for Blackburn, Ferguson constantly kept buying the league for United, City have done it more recently, the victims almost bought the league, then it was null and void and they ended up with a fake championship...even Clough bought us the league by going out and breaking the transfer record on Todd

2 minutes ago, Bearwood Ram said:

No hatred but don't like :

1. Leeds 

2. Wolves 

3. Forest 

4. Leicester 

5. Millwall 

Plenty of others I'm not keen on as a result of their fanbase but these came to mind first. 

Wolves is a surprise.  Had a fair few laughs with there fans over the years and on lads holidays in the distant past. Similar size club and city and a bit of a rollercoaster like us.  Saying that only takes one bad encounter - Preston would be in my five for that reason.

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Wolves is a surprise.  Had a fair few laughs with there fans over the years and on lads holidays in the distant past. Similar size club and city and a bit of a rollercoaster like us.  Saying that only takes one bad encounter - Preston would be in my five for that reason.

Worst set of fans I've encountered at an away day ever, including Forest and Leeds. Just awful. Plus I've lived in Albion territory for 25 years which might have influenced me a bit...?

Leeds- wish them nothing but the worst. Comments I've seen over all this are appalling.  Wanting Derby to die.  Karmas a bitch and **** people who have mortgages to pay.  Lets pick the bones of the carcass.  Truly horrific city of bamfords. There the pleasant ones out the hundreds.  The temerity of a club saying this crap who broke all rules in existence being granted extra time to be in administration going into a new season. That should have been them finished.

Rather live in a hole full of excrement than live there.  And all because they lost a playoff game - join the club.

Had the unfortunate pleasure of working opposite one for a contract I did in Cornwall about 20 years ago.  Absolute tool and he was a faux one who lived over 300 miles from ground zero.  Was offered an extended contract on more money but would rather have glued my face into Kenny Burns arse crack than spend another minute with him.

Stoke City - The fans, the place, the players, the cold ground, Delilah, claiming 'Duck' as their own, the accent...

Leicester City - pure envy, and we never win there. 

Leeds United - Standard Yorkshire Gobshites with added scummy element.

Birmingham City - Leeds-esque fans without the same level of support for their own side.

------

Forest is just a rivalry and both sets of fans can generally give and take the banter in equal measure so don't make the dislike list. Like England vs Germany, they're too much like us to hate.

I am not sure if hate is the right word. In real terms, we have one team as our rivals and that’s Forest.

So most other teams are not even on the radar. I couldn’t care less about Stoke, Leicester, Millwall, Birmingham, West Ham, Villa, Newcastle and so on.

But there are numerous clubs whose misfortune I enjoy very much. The kind of clubs that when you win against them, it means more and you will be floating on air for weeks if not months.

1. Forest

2. Liverpool

3. United

4. Leeds

Internationally, there are some clubs I’ve grown to dislike after travelling for so many years:

1. Juventus

2. Barcelona

3. Benfica

4. Inter

26 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

1) Forest

2) Burton Albion, but only when they're in the Championship and their plastic fans start chirping at us

3) Leeds (second when Burton are in League One)

4) Millwall, solely because of this season's events

Not really arsed about anyone else

Worth adding that I don't really 'hate' any team. The specific Millwall issue aside, I just like buying into the panto.

In terms of who I most enjoy seeing has lost at 5:30 on a Saturday, I would say

1. Leeds

2. Forest

3. Liverpool

4. Chelsea

5. Celtic

but I don’t really hate anyone. Off the top of my head I’ve only ever met two Leeds fans and they are both sound. Their fans are very weird on Twitter but that’s probably just because they are noticeable due to feeling the need to identify themselves by putting ?? on every single post.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Leeds (obviously)

2. Forest (feels a bit like hating a lame dog but it's in me DNA, too late to change now)

3 Aston Villa (well Jack Grealish really)

4 Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, (all count as one selfish corporate entity in my mind)

5 West Ham (gits)

Archived