Can we beat the relegation?

Cisse

Long shot but we need an a Kinkladze, a Bianoio, a Asanovic, a Hughes, a Goddard. We need creativity badly along with a goal scorer. I hope we can do something in the transfer window because we’re desperate for some attacking options, if we don’t were down .

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I don't think we can. 

Rooney has basically said today if the takeover doesn't happen then we won't be signing anyone this window. 

The state of that bench today was worrying to say the least. Bar say Sibley there's not one player on that bench that you could bring on to affect the game in a positive way.

Holmes is clearly on his way. Lawrence is injured and Ibe I really doubt will ever kick a football for us. 

This takeover will not happen. When you are talking to someone everyday who is intent on buying something from you and says they will pay the money but weeks and months go by and there's no sign of any money. At what point do you start to say "I don't think this man is serious here nor do I think he's got the money and nor do I think he's going to pay us" Worrying for me is that Mel had even thought about looking elsewhere. 

Why would anyone in their right mind want to buy a football club that:-

1. Has next to no income.

2. Buying a football club in a month where the first thing you have to do will be to spend money on 3/4 players.

3. A club that is going to end up in League One.

That interview with Stephen Pearce had only made me even more certain that this takeover won't go through. 

But now I've reached the point where the excitement for that takeover has gone and now I'm unsure if I want it to go ahead because they clearly do not have the money. 

If they had the money and they wanted this club then they would have bought us now.

Right now I've never felt so detached from this football club. Even when that goal went in today I didn't react. I wasn't bothered. Which hurts more than anything. 

The club is in disarray with an owner that doesn't care and has ran the club into the ground. Football without fans is nothing yet the fans are the ones that are left in the lurch without anything from Mel Morris.

All I know is we need a minimum of 3/4 players this window or we're down.

That's not going to happen when we can't afford to pay the ones we have now.

The club is an utter shambles.

On 16/12/2020 at 20:24, Pearl Ram said:

I’ve questioned his temperament quite recently, I have thought in the past he gets a bit of the red mist when he’s not happy how things are going and I’ll reserve judgement on that for a few more weeks but I must say he has been first class in recent games.

I hope he makes me looks daft and a poor judge and I’ll take all the pelters anyone wants to chuck  my way in good grace, it’s the least I can do if it turns out I’ve been so wide of the mark.

33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's looked very tired and leggy recently (understandable), he nearly got sent off today with one of his (throwback) lunges at the ball/man. 

Didn’t watch the game today hence I’ve made no comment about but I’d be interested to know if Bielik’s near sending off could be put down to him being frustrated. That’s when I think his temperament comes into question. 

Smashing footballer when he’s happy mind.

2 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Didn’t watch the game today hence I’ve made no comment about but I’d be interested to know if Bielik’s near sending off could be put down to him being frustrated. That’s when I think his temperament comes into question. 

Nope. Not at all. Never a thought of that.

He looks 'tired' of thought probably, and makes the wrong choice. So rather than stay on his feet he lunges in. This has only been apparent over the last couple of games. Previous to this he's looked totally in control.

2 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

When you say near sending off, it was one of those challenges that gets you a first yellow, but never a second, if you understand what I mean? 

You could say the ref bottled it, but it would've been a harsh sending off.

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

It's a shame really because after that brilliant 2-0 win over Swansea and 4-0 demolition of Birmingham I really thought we were on the way up

It was never a demolition of Birmingham though. They contrived to gift us 3 goals AND a penalty. That was a blip on an otherwise progressively down hill trajectory. 

When we have to do something ourselves to beat a team then we become quickly unstuck that's been pretty obvious. 

Can we....yes

Will we....we shall see

Until today I thought we had enough quality to get out of this but quality means nothing if you dont have the desire and workrate to go with it. 2pts at home to Wycombe, Coventry & Rotherham sums it up, 5pts dropped in the last 5mins vs these too which could be so costly. Home form is poor so we really have to hope we can pick enough points up away.

The quality this season is so low, I think 30pts more would see us safe. Surely we can get around 8 wins & 6 draws from the last 23 games.

I look at it that surely we will pick up more points than Rotherham n Wycombe 2nd half of the season. Can we get 7 more points than Coventry as well? I would like to think (hope) so, beat them in our game and then 4 more points

32 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Can we....yes

Will we....we shall see

Until today I thought we had enough quality to get out of this but quality means nothing if you dont have the desire and workrate to go with it. 2pts at home to Wycombe, Coventry & Rotherham sums it up, 5pts dropped in the last 5mins vs these too which could be so costly. Home form is poor so we really have to hope we can pick enough points up away.

The quality this season is so low, I think 30pts more would see us safe. Surely we can get around 8 wins & 6 draws from the last 23 games.

I look at it that surely we will pick up more points than Rotherham n Wycombe 2nd half of the season. Can we get 7 more points than Coventry as well? I would like to think (hope) so, beat them in our game and then 4 more points

You’d like to think so but there is nothing at the moment to suggest it’s likely.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't share your misguided faith in Rooney.

He's knows a bit about the game from his footballing pedigree as a player but whether this will translate into being an effective and adept manager is a different kettle of fish entirely.

And we don't have the luxury of allowing a person time to see if they are actually cut out for the job or not. 

as a matter of interest why in your opinion is my faith misguided ?

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

His past achievements as a player are pretty irrelevant now. Being a manager is a totally different role, and he’s a rookie to that role. That’s not an insult, it’s a fact. He might turn out to be very good at it. I’m not convinced, but it’s difficult to tell. My point is, this isn’t the time to be giving a rookie a chance, when we’re in such danger of relegation. There’s absolutely no way you can be sure he’ll get us out of this mess, even if he is given the players he wants - which he won’t be, because this takeover isn’t going to happen.

And theres no way you can be sure he wont get us out of this mess or whether the takeover is going to happen

3 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

as a matter of interest why in your opinion is my faith misguided ?

He's a total novice, a rookie and we're not giving him the reigns of a high performing set of players in a safe league position we're allowing him to cut his teeth with a group of players embroiled in a very real relegation scrap.

Archived