Can we beat the relegation?

Cisse

There are a lot of people who think we’re down then. I’m not there yet. In the last 10 games we have lost too many by a late goal. But we have also played some excellent games against teams both good and bad. Same players.

I think even if the takeover falls through and we have to stick with what we’ve got for the rest of the season, we can do it. The players looked rubbish yesterday, but that hadn’t played for 2 and a half weeks and hadn’t trained together other than a couple of sessions. Going to take another game or 2 to get back in the swing. Then the games come thick and fast. Lawrence is going to have to come back and put some performances in. Waggers is going to have start producing too. We need our attackers to become hungry.

I know some will say these things haven’t happened all season, why expect them now? Because this is a time for heroes. I can fear the worst. But what a waste of time and energy. Instead, let’s believe they can stay in every game and find the goal to win a game instead. Not over yet. Ask me in March if we’re still in this situation (or worse)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Archied said:

Right now is(times like this over the years) the time I feel MORE ATTACHED to the club , cause it’s times like these we are all it’s really got, 50 odd years of following this club and it’s ingrained in the fabric of who you are and this bloody hurts ,

for me only mm can turn this around just now , seems to me he is the only person with the means and motive to put the wedge in to pay the players and bring in the ones we need to stay up ,,, whether he does that or not is another matter 

I think MM has lost all interest in this right now. 

No players are coming in unless this takeover goes through.

We are in a mess.

we need wingers who can go past people and can create chances. 
We need two strikers.

we overload defensive midfield but that isn’t getting us goals or points. 
tough job for a rookie manager with a transfer embargo.

MM should be embarrassed.

6 minutes ago, Hector was the best said:

I thought after that dismal first-half they would get a right rolliking but no they were only marinally better in the second-half. So it seems like it was a arm round the shoulder instead.

I didnt see any shouting from the dugout but a lot from the Rotherham one. 

Yes WR was very passive on the touch line. Disappointing given the lack of leadership on the pitch. 

Plenty of potential captains.....Shinnie, bielik, Clarke, Byrne, even waghorn.

The captain has to baalock senior players and get them moving. I felt sorry for Jason being saddled with that.

Another strange decision from our assemblage of managerial rookies. Was it just designed to enhance his transfer value?

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I’d like to see CKR with the armband    It’s becoming important to get that bit right 

I don’t normally like forwards or goal keepers being captain, feel it should be someone more at the centre of things such as a centre back or mid fielder but, on this occasion I agree. He’s certainly got the experience and, it would seem, personality. No criticism of Knight but it probably is too early in his career to be taking on such a responsibility in my opinion. Maybe in a year or two.

3 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Agree, I love Knighty, but giving him the armband was ridiculous when you’ve got a player like Shinnie out there. How degrading for the senior players 

Shinnie would be my choice after CKR but I think he's more introverted than CKR. We need more at this stage than 'leading by example'

The players need incentives to want to play and want to put effort in. Same with any person you only do something for incentives. The players aren’t getting payed, don’t know about the future of the club, everything up in the air behind the scenes. Mel ought to go in there and tell them that they have a bonus if they stay up. Then they might give a bit extra on the pitch because at the moment it’s half the half = half the effort

The problem also in midfield is you have shinnie bielik and knight. Thats as creative as a 1 year olds painting. I'm sorry but you either play bielok knight and a creative 8 bielik shinnie and a creative 8 or shinnie knight and creative 8. On viewing id drop shinnie out of the 3 as on the ball he's a hinder and the last couple of games he's had great chances but can't hit a barn door and its a shame cause off the ball he's great. What would everyone else do would you drop one of the other 2 or would you play the 3 just curious as to your views 

52 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes WR was very passive on the touch line. Disappointing given the lack of leadership on the pitch. 

That is how he plays it. BBC:

In an era where managers are judged by their demeanour on the touchline as well as results on the pitch, Rooney comes across as studious. He is not chasing every ball, like Antonio Conte and Diego Simeone, nor does he continually point and bark instructions, like Guardiola. Rooney observes.

His preferred method of watching the game is to remain in his technical area, coat unzipped, hands in pockets. He does rant occasionally but his mood, at least outwardly, tends to remain the same, win or lose.

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I think MM has lost all interest in this right now.

on the RD interview the journalist referred - I think twice - to health issues.  Stood out for me because it's clear many fans were not aware.  I took it as a sign that those issues are affecting his involvement

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

on the RD interview the journalist referred - I think twice - to health issues.  Stood out for me because it's clear many fans were not aware.  I took it as a sign that those issues are affecting his involvement

Wasn't it Ed Dawes? Hard to believe he's got facts straight, not seen it anywhere else. It originally came out some months ago?

Archived