Can we beat the relegation?

Cisse

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see it, we haven't got goals in the team. Richards isn't a goal scorer, knight isn't, Lad from Poland huffs and puffs but never looks like scoring, Shinne, Belik....I don't know the answer but I'd be surprised if we have team that has scored 50 between then and that's with Richards being 97.

13 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

For loads of different reasons, following us in Div3 were some of the best days being a fan..

Different times but great days out..

Getting to matches on the football special...it wasn't necessary the football for me that made them times...

My concern if we go down is we sell the likes of Sibley and Knight for less that they’re worth by virtue of them being in a relegated team 

I sincerely hope we don’t go down and we have looked good here and there. Next few fixtures look very daunting though 

14 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

A few games ago everyone was signing their praises. We've looked better under Rooney. All of a sudden we lose to Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 after missing several sitters, and return from a two week covid break with virtually no training and lose again. Today was poor and I agree we're a mess. It simply isn't good enough. There are concerning signs. But to say we're down when we've still got half a season to play is ridiculous. If you want to give up then fine but I honestly believe we can secure championship status. 

Jesus where do I start , comparing cocu and rooney to say we have improved is like comparing cat mess to rabbit mess,  they have both been woeful rooney has been in charge for 10 games now and in that time he has played 5/6 of the worst teams in the league and won 0 of them and scored 2 goals in them games and the performances in 4/5 of them were atrocious,  you can say their is half a season to improve and that is it too early to write us off , but then on the flip side we have played half of the season now and still look terrible there are 3 teams around us currently , sheff wed , wycombe and Rotherham we played all 3 under rooney and scored 1 goal in all 3 games and lost 2 drawn one , if you think we can stay up with the current players without rooney somehow managing so sign a few prem players that wouldn't normally join then you my friend are completely off your rocka ?

Dear EFL

May we respectfully suggest that you ensure that any points deduction which you seem determined to enforce against Derby County Football Club is enacted in the current season ie 2020-2021.

It is becoming increasingly inevitable that the club will end this season in the bottom three of the Championship and a twelve point deduction would confirm this.

As supporters we would be reluctant to find our club relegated with the added burden of starting next season with a negative amount of points which would effectively be detrimental to all that is supposed to constitute fair play and reflect poorly on the EFL itself.

Ever yours

A lifelong DCFC supporter

41 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

We're doomed. We'll be lucky to get 14th place in League 1 next season never mind the delusionals who said we would stroll that this season. 

Shambolic isn't nearly strong enough.

Don't beat yourself up mate.

Because your comment was really bad in terms of attempting to predict next season with a new manager when the current season is only at the  halfway mark, was utterly ridiculous.

I'm just not totally sure it was shambolic.

On reflection, yes it was.

It was utterly shambolic.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Blackpool away first game of the season please.

Still nice and warm to visit the seaside and a great day out before we all get down about how even results in league 1 are going.

That's assuming we will be able to actually watch football by then.  I wouldn't count your chickens on that one. Maybe some 3rd or 4th variant which requires another 6 months of lockdown. 

I think it all depends on the takeover. 

I'm not too worried about today's game. In 50 years of following this club, we have always tended to play poorly against teams we expect to beat. I believe that it was a one off and we'll be better on Tuesday. I think that the current squad has just enough to stay up.

If the takeover goes well and we recruit well, we should be comfortable. The biggest danger is in either no takeover or a bad takeover. If our owner (whoever it may be) needs or choses to generate funds from within the existing playing squad, we're almost certain to go down. Sell Bielik and Knight, without very good replacements and we're pretty much down.

If we carry on with Rooney's PPG so far, we'll end up on the 44/45 point mark.

There must be enough improvement in the current squad to give us a squeak, but one or two injuries to key players, as would be the Derby Way, would see us in massive trouble.

Beilik, Clarke, Shinnie or Knight missing for any length at all would be trouble.

1 minute ago, Rev said:

If we carry on with Rooney's PPG so far, we'll end up on the 44/45 point mark.

There must be enough improvement in the current squad to give us a squeak, but one or two injuries to key players, as would be the Derby Way, would see us in massive trouble.

Beilik, Clarke, Shinnie or Knight missing for any length at all would be trouble.

Are those 4 our must keep players? I tend to agree.

i for one would sell Sibley whilst we can still get a good price for him. No point in him being on the bench and making brief late appearances 

then we cold invest in players who can actually influence games

Archived