Can we beat the relegation?

Cisse

41 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

The players need incentives to want to play and want to put effort in. Same with any person you only do something for incentives. The players aren’t getting payed, don’t know about the future of the club, everything up in the air behind the scenes. Mel ought to go in there and tell them that they have a bonus if they stay up. Then they might give a bit extra on the pitch because at the moment it’s half the half = half the effort

How do you he hasn’t? 

I’d be very surprised if they haven’t been told a lot more than we have that, hopefully, gives them more assurance than is in the public  domain.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He is not chasing every ball ... Rooney observes.

he's not got a Terry or a Gerrard on the pitch. Not even a Keogh. So when the team's playing poorly he has to use his presence to change things. Either that or substitutions.  He did neither.  Ever since he started, the subs he's made have been too late and made little difference 

40 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

he's not got a Terry or a Gerrard on the pitch. Not even a Keogh. So when the team's playing poorly he has to use his presence to change things. Either that or substitutions.  He did neither.  Ever since he started, the subs he's made have been too late and made little difference 

Ay?

But to go on about the timing of the subs - yeah cos the bench was stuffed with experience and talent! I can understand a reluctance to change things to soon when with the limited bench choice it could make it worse!

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Plenty of potential captains.....Shinnie, bielik, Clarke, Byrne, even waghorn.

The captain has to baalock senior players and get them moving. I felt sorry for Jason being saddled with that.

Another strange decision from our assemblage of managerial rookies. Was it just designed to enhance his transfer value?

People can say it's great to have an academy player with the armband and it won't affect his performance on the pitch but it does. He's not a captain yet, far too young and inexperienced. It's just extra responsibility that he doesn't need. Ridiculous decision in my view and same when they gave it to bird. Just totally bizarre. Give it to an experienced vocal leader. CKR, Shinnie, Marshall.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But to go on about the timing of the subs - yeah cos the bench was stuffed with experience and talent! I can understand a reluctance to change things to soon when with the limited bench choice it could make it worse!

don't know how some youthful zip to replace Waggie could make things worse

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

People can say it's great to have an academy player with the armband and it won't affect his performance on the pitch but it does. He's not a captain yet, far too young and inexperienced. It's just extra responsibility that he doesn't need. Ridiculous decision in my view and same when they gave it to bird. Just totally bizarre. Give it to an experienced vocal leader. CKR, Shinnie, Marshall.

I guess it's something that should do no real harm to his game. I presume it's to do with seeing how he handles it? But lots of fans always go on about, well there's lots of captains on the pitch...and so on.

Yesterday it was difficult to know how he did as no-one stood out. I actually thought (god help me I must be on drugs) that Roos could have been the best player - didn't think the goal was his fault and overall he commanded his area well most times, great clearing punch and not at all jittery. 

16 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think it's still that knock on his ankle, which seemed to exacerbate a previous injury - when it happened during the match you could see his ankle was already heavily strapped. 

it's a bit odd, Lawrence's absence for so long. Any chance it's to do with a transfer ? 

Enough of this doom and gloom. Claiming that we surely will go down with half the season to go and 1 point from safety. Yes, its a turbulent time and its been a poo season. But theres enough quality in the squad to remain in the championship. We've seen definite signs of improvement under Rooney, we just need more consistency and composure in front of goal. Easier said than done, but I firmly believe the second half of the season will be better.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

It seems Sky bet don’t want to take any more money on Rams to be relegated. Do they have any information about a possible points deduction? Does seem strange.

They can't have any privy information as obviously that would breach all of the gambling rules and they would be shut down.

They will however have been keeping a watchful eye on proceedings at our club and decided to cover themselves that a points deduction is a very real possibility now so are protecting themselves accordingly.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

They will however have been keeping a watchful eye on proceedings at our club and decided to cover themselves that a points deduction is a very real possibility now so are protecting themselves accordingly.

For what reason would we get a points deduction?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Obviously Sky think so which is why they have taken us off their books which was my original point. 

So better to ask them as they have obviously reacted to them thinking it will happen and protect themselves. 

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Obviously Sky think so which is why they have taken us off their books which was my original point. 

So better to ask them as they have obviously reacted to them thinking it will happen and protect themselves. 

Where does it say that is what Sky thinks?!

You've just assumed that based on what you think. Sky could just think we're doomed!

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Where does it say that is what Sky thinks?!

You've just assumed that based on what you think. Sky could just think we're doomed!

OK let's turn they argument around then.

A lot of posters on here think it's far too premature to write us off with half the season left or whatever.

So are Sky more astute or sensible in their thinking then people who are far more knowledgeable in the activities of the club then they are? Or are those people just deluded?

Or are Sky thinking now they with the takeover still dragging on as allegedly staff wages still not being paid then a points deduction is a formality now and better to react now before it happens?

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

So are Sky more astute or sensible in their thinking then people who are far more knowledgeable in the activities of the club then they are? Or are those people just deluded?

Sky stand to lose money, 'those people' don't.

Again what is this points deduction scare based on?

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

It seems Sky bet don’t want to take any more money on Rams to be relegated. Do they have any information about a possible points deduction? Does seem strange.

Have you seen us play recently or seen any of the news about the issues surrounding our club at the moment? Why would you assume they'd only stop taking money because of a points deduction.

We just appointed a rookie manager, we can't pay the players, we're under a transfer embargo, we can't score to save our lives, we can't beat our relegation rivals, virtually all of our senior players were on the pitch last match, we have zero cover for virtually every position and we have a takeover that is dragging on and may very well never happen. Why do we need a points deduction when we have all of that going on at the same time.

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We would get a points deduction if we went into administration. Stephen Pearce says that will never happen, but he is hardly going to go on the news and say yes we are days away from administration either.

Archived