Can we beat the relegation?

Cisse

14 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Yes, but we need the takeover sorted and 3 new signings, 4 man fight between us, Rotherham, Weds and Wycombe at the moment. If someone said to me at the start of the season i'd be doing back flips at a 21st finish i'd have laughed in your face. Thats all i ask for now.

Think laughing in someone’s face will get you a fine and a ticking off these days 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Not a chance. We’ve got a total Rookie in charge, we’re a mess behind the scenes, and we’ve already had a shocking start. You don’t stay up if you can’t score goals, and you can’t beat them teams around you. We haven’t been doing either.

We have Wayne Rooney in charge who knows a bit about football , total rookie is an insult to a legend of the game , Wayne knows who he wants out the club and who he wants to bring in , give him the tools for the job and he will get us out of this mess

17 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

We're doomed. We'll be lucky to get 14th place in League 1 next season never mind the delusionals who said we would stroll that this season. 

Shambolic isn't nearly strong enough.

I agree in that I think we're doomed but I don't know how you can be so precise about league 1 next year.

As things are at the moment I can't see us being a dominant force in league 1 by any means but I've no idea if we'd make top 14.

By the way, who has said this season would be a stroll in the park? Genuine question.

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Grow up. 23 games remaining, 1 point from safety

Are you high? Are you aware we have played the worst 6 teams in the league,  5 of them under Rooney and we have lost 4 of them and drawn 2 and scored 2 goals in them 6 games,  2 points from 18 , go and have a hard look in the mirror then headbutt it , might knock some reality into you ??

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

I agree in that I think we're doomed but I don't know how you can be so precise about league 1 next year.

As things are at the moment I can't see us being a dominant force in league 1 by any means but I've no idea if we'd make top 14.

By the way, who has said this season would be a stroll in the park? Genuine question.

A number of posters predicted that we would easily make 14th this season.

It's in one of the old threads if you are inclined to go back and have a look. 

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

We have the perfect example in Sunderland 

22 minutes ago, Oldben said:

If no new signings in January I think there's zero chance the club isn't relegated, but the signings will have to be very good players.

If the club sells the best talent it currently has thats relegation

This.

We are a couple of decent players short of lifting the whole team. We've seen that. We've seen we can play well, defend well (mostly) and create chances. BUT we're short of quality up front and at centre-half. 

Well of course, mathematically we can, we're only half way through the season but, there are very little (if any) signs of improvement sufficient to turn it around. 

Imagine if we could play well and beat Bournemouth on Tuesday how the mood would change? It's possible but difficult to imagine without first consuming some illegal substances.

9 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Are you high? Are you aware we have played the worst 6 teams in the league,  5 of them under Rooney and we have lost 4 of them and drawn 2 and scored 2 goals in them 6 games,  2 points from 18 , go and have a hard look in the mirror then headbutt it , might knock some reality into you ??

A few games ago everyone was signing their praises. We've looked better under Rooney. All of a sudden we lose to Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 after missing several sitters, and return from a two week covid break with virtually no training and lose again. Today was poor and I agree we're a mess. It simply isn't good enough. There are concerning signs. But to say we're down when we've still got half a season to play is ridiculous. If you want to give up then fine but I honestly believe we can secure championship status. 

3 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

For loads of different reasons, following us in Div3 were some of the best days being a fan..

Different times but great days out..

I agree. I was there last time. Relegation will, without a doubt be a disaster but we just need to adjust our expectations.

At least the traffic will be quieter and there will no excuse for those of us that remain (I'll be there) for leaving games early.

13 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It's impossible to tell because it will be a completely different team. We'd lose virtually all of our players. Which is why we should stay up. 

Archived