Where Are You Mr Morris?

G STAR RAM

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

BZG won't sign the deal off until I explain to them what 'The Derby way' is so we're stuck. 

If you explain "The Derby Way" accurately they'll probably never sign it off. The phrase "dodged a bullet" springs to mind.? 

On the bright side, I'm watching the Leeds game. All is not bad in the world after all.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Are you ITK as one of my boys is a market maker for interest rate derivatives??

Not really it's just my gut feel with the economy likely to be depressed for the next year at least. The best easy access account interest has been slashed over the past few months from 1.2% to 0.55% and I can see that dropping even further. 

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

The minor detail of forgetting to mention the stadium sale springs to mind and has severely eroded his credibility that it slipped his mind to even discuss it in passing. 

But news of the stadium sale broke not long after the fans forum. So there must have been a reason why they kept schtumm.
I thought they cleared it in principle with the EFL before doing it. If those conversations were ongoing at the time of the forum, no way could they have mentioned it.

There may have been other reasons why they couldn’t mention it. Eg awaiting Dell credit approval.

So no their credibility was not eroded, not with me anyway 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

But news of the stadium sale broke not long after the fans forum. So there must have been a reason why they kept schtumm.
I thought they cleared it in principle with the EFL before doing it. If those conversations were ongoing at the time of the forum, no way could they have mentioned it.

There may have been other reasons why they couldn’t mention it. Eg awaiting Dell credit approval.

The fact was that this minor detail wasn't even alluded to. I'm not talking about the finite nitty gritty of the sale. Am taking about the proposal and why it would even be necessary to contemplate doing this which of course was trying to circumnavigate the FFP rules. Meaning that Morris wasn't transparent about the current financial issues at the club.

Can slice it anyway you like but boils down to the same thing 

"Sheikh Khaled has been in negotiations with Mel Morris, the current Derby owner, since May last year and there have been a number of delays to the process.

However, it is understood that the takeover is now fully agreed and Derby's turbulent start to the year will ease with confirmation of the sale believed to be imminent.

Morris is expected to remain as a consultant to the new owners." The Telegraph

46 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The forum was January 2019, the ground sale was recorded in the accounts in June 2018. 

No dressing it up, MM and SP sat there and blatantly lied to a room full of fans.

Unusually for me, I'm responding to the OP (and similar comments posted elsewhere in other threads) before reading any of the replies...

I am not convinced we, as fans... customers, even... are entitled to any info, other than what is going on on the pitch, and completed transfers (in and out).  I guess there is also certain entitlement with regards to training and injury updates, on occasion.

I'd struggle to argue against anyone in a position to demand info re long overdue refunds, but that needs to be between seller and buyer.  There's no need for a public announcement, in my view (Although I concede that would almost certainly be easier to carry out, as opposed to sending hundreds of personal emails, detailing hundreds of differing values etc)

But backroom stuff is called that for a reason.

I wouldn't be happy if my employer discussed the ins and outs of my wages with all and sundry.
I wouldn't expect Mr Morrison to update me on his takeover of Sainsburys.
I wouldn't dream of asking for the nitty-gritty of the Ibe disciplinary procedure, or how much we offered CM19 to stay, or how long the club (business) can survive Covid before we go bust (How many business owners will discuss that with employees, let alone customers!)
And I certainly don't expect any update on the takeover... at least until it is either confirmed, or has been declared dead!

How many on here opined how utterly fantastic those past fans forums were?  "No other clubs seem to be doing it".  "Mel is an absolute brick for answering our questions" etc.
Those opinions suggest that Mel was therefore going above and beyond our expectations.  This latest approach (of near silence) could therefore be argued as being "The norm".

Of course, it would be great to be kept in the loop, on all things DCFC, but should we truly expect it?  Can we fairly demand it?

Remember, we are little more than customers.  Even our fan ID is officially entitled "Customer Number".  We are not shareholders (as much as some folk seem to think we are).  We are not members of the board.  We are not employees.

Emotions (and nosiness) aside, I'd argue it's pretty much none of our business?

?

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

How many on here opined how utterly fantastic those past fans forums were?  "No other clubs seem to be doing it".  "Mel is an absolute brick for answering our questions" etc.
Those opinions suggest that Mel was therefore going above and beyond our expectations.  This latest approach (of near silence) could therefore be argued as being "The norm".

Thing is, once you've raised expectations by behaving in such way, that becomes the norm.

You can't blame fans when you perform a reverse ferret and clam up!

7 minutes ago, Rev said:

Thing is, once you've raised expectations by behaving in such way, that becomes the norm.

You can't blame fans when you perform a reverse ferret and clam up!

I'd hesitantly disagree with that. 

Only we as individuals could consider it the norm... or not!  We each live and die by our own opinions, decisions, and actions.

Mel would be (is?) perfectly entitled to stop such public forums... with or without explanation... and we are perfectly entitled to accept that gracefully (and thank him for his past candour), slag him off to high heaven, or react somewhere between those two extremes.

Even if, at the time, Mel stated that this (The public forums) was the "new norm"/"The new DCFC"/"The Derby Way"/"Mels Modus Operandi", he'd still be entitled to change his mind at any stage in the future, and put a stop to them. 
He is the owner, when all said and done.

30 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Unusually for me, I'm responding to the OP (and similar comments posted elsewhere in other threads) before reading any of the replies...

I am not convinced we, as fans... customers, even... are entitled to any info, other than what is going on on the pitch, and completed transfers (in and out).  I guess there is also certain entitlement with regards to training and injury updates, on occasion.

I'd struggle to argue against anyone in a position to demand info re long overdue refunds, but that needs to be between seller and buyer.  There's no need for a public announcement, in my view (Although I concede that would almost certainly be easier to carry out, as opposed to sending hundreds of personal emails, detailing hundreds of differing values etc)

But backroom stuff is called that for a reason.

I wouldn't be happy if my employer discussed the ins and outs of my wages with all and sundry.
I wouldn't expect Mr Morrison to update me on his takeover of Sainsburys.
I wouldn't dream of asking for the nitty-gritty of the Ibe disciplinary procedure, or how much we offered CM19 to stay, or how long the club (business) can survive Covid before we go bust (How many business owners will discuss that with employees, let alone customers!)
And I certainly don't expect any update on the takeover... at least until it is either confirmed, or has been declared dead!

Of course, it would be great to be kept in the loop, on all things DCFC, but should we truly expect it?  Can we fairly demand it?

Remember, we are little more than customers.  Even our fan ID is officially entitled "Customer Number".  We are not shareholders (as much as some folk seem to think we are).  We are not members of the board.  We are not employees.

Emotions (and nosiness) aside, I'd argue it's pretty much none of our business?

?

I haven't said we are entitled to anything?

The club are still taking my season ticket money for next season yet for all I know there might not be a club next season if we cannot afford to pay the employees.

I actually retract that first line, as a paying customer who's funds will be used to keep the club afloat I fo believe I am entitled to some information.

2 hours ago, Orphanram said:

I was fairly confident of that. For pure mastery of irony it would be truly brilliant if One Chop‘s was Mel’s profile

He did have an account but never posted. Not seen him online in over a year.

Archived