Where Are You Mr Morris?

G STAR RAM

Well we all know know representatives of the club read the forum and I think it is about time they took heed of what a lot of fans are saying. 

I have no problem with the takeover not being played out in public. Its a personal matter for MM and Im sure there will be non disclosure agreements in place.

However, there are a mounting number of club related issues where the fans are being kept in the dark.

The ground sale and transfer embargoes were withheld from the fans and it appears they were rhe start of a worrying trend.

MM was more than happy to be the face of Derby County when things were going well or to further his personal crusades and he now needs to do the honourable thing and get his head above the parapet now times are tough. 

Im afraid the deafening silence is eroding the goodwill he built up through his efforts and investment in the club.

Being a fan himself he should know how the fans are feeling right now, we all know these are tough times for all businesseses and I actually believe that most would be understanding if you have the decency to lay bare the situation we are in.

Dont end up leaving DCFC as a villain Mel, it would be a horrible way to end your tenure.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well we all know know representatives of the club read the forum and I think it is about time they took heed of what a lot of fans are saying. 

I have no problem with the takeover not being played out in public. Its a personal matter for MM and Im sure there will be non disclosure agreements in place.

However, there are a mounting number of club related issues where the fans are being kept in the dark.

The ground sale and transfer embargoes were withheld from the fans and it appears they were rhe start of a worrying trend.

MM was more than happy to be the face of Derby County when things were going well or to further his personal crusades and he now needs to do the honourable thing and get his head above the parapet now times are tough. 

Im afraid the deafening silence is eroding the goodwill he built up through his efforts and investment in the club.

Being a fan himself he should know how the fans are feeling right now, we all know these are tough times for all businesseses and I actually believe that most would be understanding if you have the decency to lay bare the situation we are in.

Dont end up leaving DCFC as a villain Mel, it would be a horrible way to end your tenure.

Maybe, and I’m not even slightly convinced, the sale really is imminent (anyone’s guess as to what imminent means though) and it wouldn’t be appropriate to go public with anything right now. He may be subject to a NDA or agreed informally not to release any statements at the moment. It doesn’t help us fans and our concerns but I do think it’s conceivable.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Maybe, and I’m not even slightly convinced, the sale really is imminent (anyone’s guess as to what imminent means though) and it wouldn’t be appropriate to go public with anything right now. He may be subject to a NDA or agreed informally not to release any statements at the moment. It doesn’t help us fans and our concerns but I do think it’s conceivable.

The NDA will be with regard to the club sale.

There are plenty of other ongoing issues which need addressing in the event the sale does not go ahead.

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

There hasn’t been a fans forum for ages has there? The last one I remember was with Frank. I don’t recall any with cocu.

unfortunately the last one sticks in my mind. There was a lot of talk about ffp but no mention of the stadium sale. I seem to remember that story broke a few days later. That lack of honesty and openness was quite shocking in hindsight. 

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

There hasn’t been a fans forum for ages has there? The last one I remember was with Frank. I don’t recall any with cocu.

unfortunately the last one sticks in my mind. There was a lot of talk about ffp but no mention of the stadium sale. I seem to remember that story broke a few days later. That lack of honesty and openness was quite shocking in hindsight. 

Yes, January 2019 from memory. 

MM/SP saying a drop of £x thousand could literally see us fail FFP, knowing full well that we were reporting a profit of £x million.

That is where the dishonesty with fans started and it has snowballed from there.

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The NDA will be with regard to the club sale.

There are plenty of other ongoing issues which need addressing in the event the sale does not go ahead.

Apart from old news such as the ground sale, what sort of thing do you have mind that isn’t linked to the sale that he should be telling us about the moment? Genuine question.

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Not really @RamNut...you can’t conduct delicate business in the full glare of publicity! The lack of communication around the takeover is frustrating but perhaps we want to get the January window out of the way so prices of our targets don’t suddenly triple because selling Clubs think “Oh! They’ve just been taken over by a billionaire so they’ve got tons of cash! Let’s rinse them!”. ?‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I don't mean to sound like a MM fanboy - and as you quite rightly put, he's losing a lot of the good faith built up in his best endeavours - but I can't help but feel the onus is on the BZG to provide some transparency. The hold up appears to be with them at this moment in time. 

...you sound like an MM fanboy @Animal is a Ram. Was that you I saw washing MM’s lambo in the car park? ?‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I don't mean to sound like a MM fanboy - and as you quite rightly put, he's losing a lot of the good faith built up in his best endeavours - but I can't help but feel the onus is on the BZG to provide some transparency. The hold up appears to be with them at this moment in time. 

If they are still involved?

We don't know, nobody is saying anything of late.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Apart from old news such as the ground sale, what sort of thing do you have mind that isn’t linked to the sale that he should be telling us about the moment? Genuine question.

Season ticket refunds

Managerial situation 

January transfer window

Non payment of wages

Loan taken out against the training ground

Jordan Ibe disciplinary 

The ongoing EFL appeal

The alleged FA investigation 

37 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

As I said, the takeover is a private matter.

Whilst MM remains in charge it is down to him to communicate with the fans.

21 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Season ticket refunds

Managerial situation 

January transfer window

Non payment of wages

Loan taken out against the training ground

Jordan Ibe disciplinary 

The ongoing EFL appeal

The alleged FA investigation 

Ibe disciplinary is surely an internal matter.

what more can they say about the EFL appeal?

Not sure about the FA investigation. I’ve forgotten what that is/was

Managerial appointment I would assume is linked to the takeover and who is going to be the owners

I agree the lack of communication regarding season ticket sales is poor (although I don’t think we are the only club behaving like this - not that that makes it OK) although, aren’t refunds coming through now?

All the rest are financial issues that surely are directly impacted by the takeover although.

41 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

The lack of communication around the takeover is frustrating but perhaps we want to get the January window out of the way so prices of our targets don’t suddenly triple because selling Clubs think “Oh! They’ve just been taken over by a billionaire so they’ve got tons of cash! Let’s rinse them!”. ?‍♂️

What transfers? Won't we be under embargo? But how many players will risk choosing us over another team when we look to be 'reluctant' to pay wages?

Given the transparency in previous comms sessions from Morris I would still take what he said with a pinch of salt. The minor detail of forgetting to mention the stadium sale springs to mind and has severely eroded his credibility that it slipped his mind to even discuss it in passing. 

Archived