Where Are You Mr Morris?

G STAR RAM

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I haven't said we are entitled to anything?

Stop right there! 
Equally, I never said that you did!  I said "I don't think we are entitled..."  That's not the same thing!  

I was merely offering my opinion on the subject matter.  Not specifically arguing your every word.  Again, they are not the same thing.

?

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Stop right there! 
Equally, I never said that you did!  I said "I don't think we are entitled..."  That's not the same thing!  

I was merely offering my opinion on the subject matter.  Not specifically arguing your every word.  Again, they are not the same thing.

?

I was wondering if we are entitled. I wasn’t thinking we are not entitled.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

...I actually retract that first line, as a paying customer who's funds will be used to keep the club afloat I fo believe I am entitled to some information.

And I alluded to the fact that I agree with that viewpoint.  

But that doesn't necessarily need to be in the form of a public announcement.  In your position, (which fortunately for me, I'm not) I'd much prefer to receive a missive discussing the details on a more personal and specific level.  Hence my comment "I'd struggle to argue against anyone in a position to demand info re long overdue refunds..."

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

And I alluded to the fact that I agree with that viewpoint.  

But that doesn't necessarily need to be in the form of a public announcement.  In your position, (which fortunately for me, I'm not) I'd much prefer to receive a missive discussing the details on a more personal and specific level.  Hence my comment "I'd struggle to argue against anyone in a position to demand info re long overdue refunds..."

I would not expect them to personally contact 12000 season ticket holders.

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I would not expect them to personally contact 12000 season ticket holders.

Me neither.  Totally agree.  I'm with you, brother.  Etc, etc!
I did state it would be easier for them to make the public announcement (Therefore my intention being to infer that personal and specific contacts would be both impractical, and unlikely). 

If my initial response didn't make it clear, and just to clarify therefore, I do agree that anyone waiting for refunds have been dealt with somewhat shabbily, and that they should at least have been updated more than they have been.
(EDIT TO ADD: That doesn't necessarily require a public announcement, despite that being the simplest and most likely process.  The details of the refund are between club and individual customer.  I, as a fan, have no right to expect to be informed of how the club is arranging YOUR refund.)

Like I say, I wasn't looking to argue your every word.  Your OP was picked out for that very reason... it was the OP, and it set out the subject to be discussed. I assumed that was the whole point of the thread?    

EDIT:

... And I'm not sure there are 12,000 currently awaiting a refund?  Some of us took the 20/21 discount option... not that that is relevant to the point.  ??

14 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

I was wondering if we are entitled. I wasn’t thinking we are not entitled.

I'm sorry.  I'm not the brightest...

What is that referring to?  Did you mean to quote me, before posting that?  Are you awaiting my response?  Not sure I understand.  Sorry!  

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm sorry.  I'm not the brightest...

What is that referring to?  Did you mean to quote me, before posting that?  Are you awaiting my response?  Not sure I understand.  Sorry!  

Ignore it. I didn’t mean to quote you, and didn’t finish editing it before I posted. One of those days

31 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Pretty shoddy if this announcement has come out as reaction to posts on an internet forum

If the club has fans preaching doom and gloom, berating Mel (some of it pretty libellous), being abusive of the new owners (of who they know almost nothing) and generally sowing negativity, it’s forced to step in to manage the information flows even if it’d prefer to say nothing. Call it brand management, PR whatever, but the club has to manage it surely. As well as being our team it is a commercial enterprise 

I’d guess the noise here and on twtter was what led to the december holding statement  and that this thread played a part in the call to Percy today. Seems pretty professional, the way they have handled it all, especially given that along the way MM has probably gone 12 rounds with a camel

6 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

If the club has fans preaching doom and gloom, berating Mel (some of it pretty libellous), being abusive of the new owners (of who they know almost nothing) and generally sowing negativity, it’s forced to step in to manage the information flows even if it’d prefer to say nothing. Call it brand management, PR whatever, but the club has to manage it surely. As well as being our team it is a commercial enterprise 

I’d guess the noise here and on twtter was what led to the december holding statement  and that this thread played a part in the call to Percy today. Seems pretty professional, the way they have handled it all, especially given that along the way MM has probably gone 12 rounds with a camel

Agree with this. Some of the stuff on twitter is venomous and someone appears to be trying to set up some sort of protest group on there. Talk about over-entitled.

I am staying here where we are all pussycats.

Even though some of us appear to have our claws out. Angry Cat GIF by memecandy

15 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

You've missed my point totally. But OK. 

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

Agree with this. Some of the stuff on twitter is venomous and someone appears to be trying to set up some sort of protest group on there. Talk about over-entitled.

I am staying here where we are all pussycats.

Even though some of us appear to have our claws out. Angry Cat GIF by memecandy

Can you believe it @angieram?!!! Reminds me of Notts F fans chanting "Get out of my Club" to the late Mr Doughty who'd spent circa £80million against their few hundred quid-cost of a season ticket. 

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

Sorry if I did I know it’s irritating to have words put in your mouth 

My post was that it shouldn't have come to a knee jerk reaction to people venting their spleen on an internet forum for an update then to come out.

The points you made were all post this - my opinion was if the lines of communication were well managed something should have been said well before now rather then retrospectively as a reaction.

Archived