v Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incredibly frustrating result to take. I knew that would happen after not taking our chances. We didn't deserve to lose that, I'm ducking sick of these poo referees. 

On another note, that bench was so weak and young, nobody could have changed the game. Mel Morris will be delighted though.

I'll still say and get slagged off for it a number of our goals against Brum were totally gifted to us and 4-0 wasn't a reflective score. 

Where we then deluded ourselves was thinking that other teams would then show the same amount of generosity and the end result was this evening.

If you're relying on teams giving you free goals all the time then you've got serious issues which our league position is a testament to.

As ever, disappointed with the officiating in this league. VAR may well be crap but I’d take it over the refs we see most weeks, it’s so volatile. Feels like half ref scared and the other half make it all about them.

In my opinion, the ref gives that penalty if

a) we’re down by more than a goal so it doesn’t affect the final result

b) it’s not in the final minute

c) it wasn’t on sky

I leave most games with the feeling that half of these officials just want to make it through every game staying below the radar of social media and the press. Keep your head down, don’t make any big calls and move on to the next game. Don’t become the next Atwell.

7 minutes ago, Kooklaram said:

Can only comment on the updates from sky sports text service but read like we were the better team.

Absolute shocker of a goal to give away, if Roos doesn't get his chance in between the sticks now he never will, Marshall just doesn't command his area enough and if he is Scotlands number 1 in the Euros they will be coming home early.

I didn't see the game but has Marshall really gone from the best keeper since....I don't know when, to being so poor he should be dropped?

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'll still say and get slagged off for it a number of our goals against Brum were totally gifted to us and 4-0 wasn't a reflective score. 

Where we then deluded ourselves was thinking that other teams would then show the same amount of generosity and the end result was this evening.

If you're relying on teams giving you free goals all the time then you've got serious issues which our league position is a testament to.

Sorry I don't understand the post, who is relying on getting free goals ? We created enough clear chances to win 2 games, what we lacked was a player with the quality to take them. Had we not created the chances I may, just may understand where you were coming from.

2 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

I get you dont rate Rooney, but yes we did dominate the game. 

Fair enough, but I can’t agree with that. The Swansea performance was what I would consider dominating a team. Tonight was having more of the ball and not a lot of ideas on what to do with it!

Just now, BIllyD said:

Sorry I don't understand the post, who is relying on getting free goals ? We created enough clear chances to win 2 games, what we lacked was a player with the quality to take them. Had we not created the chances I may, just may understand where you were coming from.

Thats my point that you've overlooked. Some of the goals we scored against Brum were totally gifted to us, when we've had to actually produce some skill or composure in front of goal ourself we've been sadly lacking.

3 minutes ago, Tombo said:

You cannot dine out on beating Birmingham 4-0 and think the other crunch game 3 days later will not matter.

You could see that Shinnie thought this game did not matter when he should have buried that finish early on. Then Colin was still dreaming of his goal vs Brum when hitting the bar. Siebly was still digesting his Brum celebration Balti when he slipped whilst shooting. And Bielik was still disappointed that the Back-to-backs tour was closed, which made him shoot wide.

You could tell the players weren't bothered about this game when they chased everything for 30 mins and had about 5 great chances.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Fair enough, but I can’t agree with that. The Swansea performance was what I would consider dominating a team. Tonight was having more of the ball and not a lot of ideas on what to do with it!

We had over 65% possession, 13 chances and 7 corners compared to their none. Our play in the final third was poor, no doubt about it, but for me we definitely dominated the game.

All about opinions though ?

Archived