v Birmingham (A) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

We may well want to try and keep the kid but putting two players on your bench that aren’t the best available and almost certainly wont be used is a very poor state of affairs given the league position we are in

Well done on getting the first moan in about today’s team. ?

FWIW Kaide Gordon is very highly rated and could be a realistic option off the bench today. His pace and skill could wrong foot many defenders and I’d imagine he’ll get on if we need a spark in attack or maybe a late sub if we are comfortable.

5 hours ago, Footymum2017 said:

Yes Lawrence is injured.  Sisley is starting, Ibe not in the squad as he overslept and missed training so been left out! Kaide Gordon is on the bench 

Wow - More in the know than Barry the Ram or Richard whateverhisname was on here in one post! Welcome to 2021!

Just now, roboto said:

Well done on getting the first moan in about today’s team. ?

FWIW Kaide Gordon is very highly rated and could be a realistic option off the bench today. His pace and skill could wrong foot many defenders and I’d imagine he’ll get on if we need a spark in attack or maybe a late sub if we are comfortable.

In fact our only attacking subs are all very young. Exciting for someone like me who has taken an interest in the academy but I can understand the worry from some of the more pessimistic posters.

The transfer window opens soon though and we’ve got 3 senior players unavailable through suspension, injury and poor professionalism. I think the team is strong enough to get past Brum though and if we need to add some energy and pace to the attack let on we have it on the bench.

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Knight out wide? Or Sibley?

Jordan Ibe’s fitness is starting to concern me now.

Sibley will be out wide. I guess he’ll be on the right and cut in on his left like Waghorn was in previous games. This brings him and Joz closer to CKR for knock downs

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Knight out wide? Or Sibley?

Jordan Ibe’s fitness is starting to concern me now.

His latest Instagram story says ‘All I care for is family and health...’. I wonder if he’d been told that he wasn’t in the first team just before.

Has to be more to it than just fitness, you’d expect someone to be spending months training and playing u23s to get some sort of fitness! 

Archived