v Birmingham (A) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massive two games - can’t comprehend how much of a battle we are in currently.

10 points from 9 games since Cocu went.

That return is not going to be good enough to keep us up. Goals needed more than ever. Do we have the bottle to step up and change this?

Sadly I fear the worst the longer the “takeover” goes on. It needs sorting either way it goes.

Thanks, a fearful and sad Derby fan

15 minutes ago, Kinder said:

I’m in Sutton so north Birmingham but it’s still chucking down with snow here. It’s a proper white out.

I guess they don’t have to worry about it being safe for fans around the ground tonight. As long as the bin dippers have got working undersoil heating it should be ok.

Yes, usually games called off with weather like this due to health and safety of the fans rather than the state of the pitch ?

On 27/12/2020 at 18:57, Carl Sagan said:

I expect we'll have insufficient energy after playing with 10 men from the 20th minute and failing to make any subs (until one in the 85th minute). Because of that a lacklustre performance likely beckons here. I really hope I'm wrong but this Covid season more than any other is about managing energy levels across the fixtures. You can't expect the same 11 players to perform with really high intensity for 98 minutes every 3 days. It's not physically possible. If they somehow manage it here, they won't the game after.

Alternatively, Rooney's poor choices against Preston may now force him to disrupt the team with a lot of changes. I would rather we played a settled 11 starters with 5 finishers to come on in a planned manner through the match. 

Very wise words @Carl Sagan {no wonder the DET is quoting you ?}. We depart though on the emboldened bit . . . I think we need fresh legs from the start. Bird in for Shinnie? Sibley for the Red Card Merchant, Ibe for Kazim? Go for a 2-0 lead then shore it up. Wazza really needs a win. A draw would be a good result given the context ...but we need a win and goals. Tough call for Wazza but I've got faith in him to get it right. He can use the anger from the injustice of Boxing Day to get the Team right up for this...

26 minutes ago, Kinder said:

It wasn’t snowing when I got to work and this is the view now...

7428A78C-E3A0-4C24-8E28-704CB1E753AF.jpeg

If Carlsberg built front garden boundary walls.....

(Nice poo vent pipe poking through the roof too. Always handy to know where the bog is, before you visit)

51 minutes ago, Footymum2017 said:

Yes Lawrence is injured.  Sisley is starting, Ibe not in the squad as he overslept and missed training so been left out! Kaide Gordon is on the bench 

Thank god you’re here!  With the demise of so many ITKs on the takeover thread I was close to going out and finding old trampie for the inside track on all stuff DCFC.

As he’s entirely fictitious though there’s no way I was going out in this snow for him.

42 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

That return is not going to be good enough to keep us up. Goals needed more than ever. Do we have the bottle to step up and change this?

Sadly I fear the worst the longer the “takeover” goes on. It needs sorting either way it goes.

Or 8 points from the last 5 games including a comprehensive win against a promotion contender. More than good enough form especially with at least 3 teams in this league that just don’t have our quality. Mindset and mentality is right and that will see us survive no problem. 

A positive and optimistic Derby fan.

(Reading Pride makes you remember that even in relatively recent times we have been in a far worse predicament than this)

7 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Or 8 points from the last 5 games including a comprehensive win against a promotion contender. More than good enough form especially with at least 3 teams in this league that just don’t have our quality. Mindset and mentality is right and that will see us survive no problem. 

A positive and optimistic Derby fan.

(Reading Pride makes you remember that even in relatively recent times we have been in a far worse predicament than this)

The second time someone has challenged my positivity and optimism today..... 

Think that’s enough social media for me until later.

57 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Pullis lasted 46 days at Wendies. Not easy to turn a poor team around. Forest also taking time to reorganise and they should have been in Play Offs last year.

4 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Compared to others recently, that’s an absolutely pathetic flounce.

I hope you take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror ???

Think about who you are talking too, words matter... like some say on here

1 minute ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Compared to others recently, that’s an absolutely pathetic flounce.

I hope you take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror ???

Has the time arrived to delineate the levels of flouncing. It has been all too vague for me. I think five levels would be ideal. I certainly would not want to flounce at less than level 4. I have standards and they need to be clarified. 

Flounce Levels (1-5) Low to High 

Level 1 - Shows little flamboyance

Level 2 - Shows potential without stirring the emotions, could go either way with time and practice

Level 3 - Intermediate level - lacks a memorable parting shot

Level 4 - Very good but lacks a certain 'Je ne c'est quoi'

Level 5 Thespian, nay Shakespearian - proper job. 

If you dispute the Level awarded you should be able to go to arbitration.

COYR we need a win today.

9 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Think about who you are talking too, words matter... like some say on here

I sympathise Mafiabob. I have been so stirred by the poor performances of the team and have been working hard to come up with sensible suggestions. There is such a range of opinions on here, someone may be in complete accord, others holding pretty much opposite views. The balance between humour and appearing to not be taken seriously is fine. I like your posts and you have some great insights but getting everyone on here to agree is incredibly unlikely. Keep posting mate, we need your input in this Covid world. We are all fans and just want to see some good football and us shooting up the table soon. COYR Mafiabob.. . what a guy 

37 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

The second time someone has challenged my positivity and optimism today..... 

Think that’s enough social media for me until later.

Fair enough. I could easily look at our situation pessimistically but I’d be permanently unhappy and it would probably affect my family and in particular my football hating wife so tend to err on the side of the positive when there are several legitimate reasons not to.

3 hours ago, rammieib said:

Shinnie isn’t box to box. He’s box to edge of their box and then a nose bleed.

Most of the time completely horizontal to Bielik.

The big improvement to our game came when he stopped playing horizontally to Bielik. He was in the first couple of games under Rooney but he’s now playing further forward in the same role as Knight, come the summer thats a position I’d like us to improve. 

Archived