v Birmingham (A) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I am presuming that Ibe isn’t being paid this week then. He really is putting a shift in this season isn’t he. Is he planning on making an appearance before May or just heading straight to the beach? 

We knew he was struggling mentally. It's likely to be this.  Let's tolerate our disappointment and frustration and consider that he may be suffering.

Just now, dcfcreece1601 said:

Can someone give me more information about who kaide Gordon is? I see that he is kellans younger brother but haven't seen him in the u21's matches?

With pleasure @dcfcreece1601

Kaide Gordon hasn't appeared for the under-23s which is probably why you're not as familiar with the name. He has however been very impressive for the under-18s (the best player on the pitch by miles in a couple of recent matches). He's currently got 'big' clubs interested in him (Man Utd and Dortmund two that have been linked) so putting him in a first team squad may well be a tactic to show him that Derby is where he can progress and make a name for himself. As for what kind of player he is... somewhere between a number 10 and a centre-forward.

2 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Can someone give me more information about who kaide Gordon is? I see that he is kellans younger brother but haven't seen him in the u21's matches?

Google him.  A couple of short vids of him in under 18's.  Very lightweight but looks to have ability.  Plays as a striker or winger. 

2 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Interesting that Dutch Mike is brought back into the squad.

Yeah I thought that too. There was a post yesterday that alluded to him looking for a move away. Sorry MTW Iooks like I wrongly called you out as a quitter. Hope he gets his head down and fights his way into the team to finish off making me look a mug. ?‍♂️

36 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Knight out wide? Or Sibley?

Jordan Ibe’s fitness is starting to concern me now.

Think given recent evidence it's likely knight at 10 and Sibley on the right.

Personally I'd shape up with a diamond with that team and after seeing the shape against Preston.

Hmm, is that Sibley on the wing? Don’t like that idea at all. Seems that poster was right earlier about Jordon, it’s all getting a bit concerning with him now. It’s never acceptable to be late to training, is he focused enough on his role here? Got a 16 year old on the bench ahead of him now, which will hopefully trigger a response from him. Unusual for someone so young to be in the first team squad, he must be a serious talent, don’t think he’s even played much for the U23’s? Interesting to see Te Wierik back in the squad after being bombed out quite a long while ago. Surprising given it seems he’s almost certain to leave in January.

Still a bit concerned about the team fitness wise as well, after the massive effort needed at the weekend. I hope the likes of Knight, Jozwiak and Kazim are fit enough to go again. A bit worried about Wisdom up against Birmingham as well, they’ll target him aerially.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Hmm, is that Sibley on the wing? Don’t like that idea at all. Seems that poster was right earlier about Jordon, it’s all getting a bit concerning with him now. It’s never acceptable to be late to training, is he focused enough on his role here? Got a 16 year old on the bench ahead of him now, which will hopefully trigger a response from him. Unusual for someone so young to be in the first team squad, he must be a serious talent, don’t think he’s even played much for the U23’s? Interesting to see Te Wierik back in the squad after being bombed out quite a long while ago. Surprising given it seems he’s almost certain to leave in January.

Tut tut, you’ll never be put back in the Telegraph without paragraphs.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Oversleeping is a symptom of depression.  Not saying this is the reason, but if so, this is not about bad attitude and unprofessional behaviour.  Certainly worrying, but we knew this was a risky deal.  He looked a little sedated to me when he arrived. I hope we are looking after him properly as a club and that as fans we can not rush to condemn him.

Archived