v Birmingham (A) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

3 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

You keep mispelling his name buddy - it's Bielik not Beilik.

This is an opinion dressed up as fact. Bird is a DM and could well have helped shore things up, for all we know. We weren't exactly going box to box by this stage in the game anyway, far from it. The only fact that we can take from this is that Wazza didn't use available subs despite us playing most of the game with 10 men and it didn't pay off. The opinion is to what extent this will (or won't) hurt us.

If the lads come through these 3 games running strong as you've suggested they will in your earlier response to my post, all well and good. We can take a charitable view and say we were unlucky against Preston, but at least it did not negatively impact us going forward. If the opposite happens and the lads are running through treacle by halftime tonight with another game on Saturday (and having already lost to Preston), folk may look back on his call rather less favourably. This is what is being put to you. After all, cliched as it may be, football is and always has been a results business and never more so than when languishing in the relegation zone.

A final thought would be that a strong performance tonight, even a battling draw, would probably put this particular debate to bed in any case. For my part, I'm hoping for at least a draw along with a thumping win for Stoke against that shower from up the road. 

COYR

Firstly thank you. Secondly you have spelt my spelling of Bielik wrong. It is Beliek not Beilik. 

In the posts you have quoted me I haven’t said fact however.
However, it is fact that our bench isn’t very strong. 

Roos - NA 

Evans - who do you take off? A CB, Rooney got lambasted when he did that at the end of a game against Coventry I think and we conceded late. 

Watson - Don’t know all that much about him, however I do know it would have been a very brave call to bring him on.

Holmes - Just not the person you need to see a game out in midfield, Rooney doesn’t trust him as a Cm and we’d already subbed our winger.

JHI - Brave call by Rooney by bringing him on, but again didn’t disrupt the defensive block

Sibley - came on for Jozwiak did well

Bird - could have come on but for who, contrary to what you’re saying we still pressed them high up the pitch but that required Shinnie and Knight to keep doing doggies up and down the pitch. 

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Firstly thank you. Secondly you have spelt my spelling of Bielik wrong. It is Beliek not Beilik. 

In the posts you have quoted me I haven’t said fact however.
However, it is fact that our bench isn’t very strong. 

Roos - NA 

Evans - who do you take off? A CB, Rooney got lambasted when he did that at the end of a game against Coventry I think and we conceded late. 

Watson - Don’t know all that much about him, however I do know it would have been a very brave call to bring him on.

Holmes - Just not the person you need to see a game out in midfield, Rooney doesn’t trust him as a Cm and we’d already subbed our winger.

JHI - Brave call by Rooney by bringing him on, but again didn’t disrupt the defensive block

Sibley - came on for Jozwiak did well

Bird - could have come on but for who, contrary to what you’re saying we still pressed them high up the pitch but that required Shinnie and Knight to keep doing doggies up and down the pitch. 

I'll give up at this point as I've already responded to the points you've made. I sense the only thing we're going to agree on here is the correct spelling of Bielik ? 

8 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Why can't posters understand the difference between fact and opinion?

It's not a fact that our bench isn't very strong, it's an opinion - one which many will agree with (but even if everyone agreed it still wouldn't be a fact).

LOL - I did try but I've given up as I can see a cyclical argument developing. I guess some are so intent on offering their 'facts' that they don't take time to read other folks' 'opinions' ?‍♀️ 

10 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

He’s not playing 2 holding miss he’s playing Beliek as holding mid with Knight and Shinnie playing box to box, they spend most of their time covering/supporting the fullback and wingers Beliek has the middle covered. 

Shinnie isn’t box to box. He’s box to edge of their box and then a nose bleed.

Most of the time completely horizontal to Bielik.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

You keep mispelling his name buddy - it's Bielik not Beilik.

This is an opinion dressed up as fact. Bird is a DM and could well have helped shore things up, for all we know. We weren't exactly going box to box by this stage in the game anyway, far from it. The only fact that we can take from this is that Wazza didn't use available subs despite us playing most of the game with 10 men and it didn't pay off. The opinion is to what extent this will (or won't) hurt us.

If the lads come through these 3 games running strong as you've suggested they will in your earlier response to my post, all well and good. We can take a charitable view and say we were unlucky against Preston, but at least it did not negatively impact us going forward. If the opposite happens and the lads are running through treacle by halftime tonight with another game on Saturday (and having already lost to Preston), folk may look back on his call rather less favourably. 

COYR

I assume that us having another game on Saturday is your opinion rather than the fact that we are playing Friday ?

The only fact that matters is we lost against Preston.

Lets get a win tonight and get back on the forwards march.

I predict we'll be the same team (fitness pending) with Lawrence in for Waghor with Jozwiak going to the right.

If things go well, hopefully more minutes for Ibe and Sibley.

Brum are a mediocer team and so are we, so could go either way depending on who plays better tonight.

9 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The only fact that matters is we lost against Preston.

Lets get a win tonight and get back on the forwards march.

I predict we'll be the same team (fitness pending) with Lawrence in for Waghor with Jozwiak going to the right.

If things go well, hopefully more minutes for Ibe and Sibley.

Brum are a mediocer team and so are we, so could go either way depending on who plays better tonight.

Lawrence injured isn’t he...

58 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I stand corrected but way to go for completely missing the point again. Bravo! 

It was tongue in cheek, far from being serious but hey ho, way to go for missing the point.  Bravo old chap (also struggling to see where I’d missed the point previously)

19 minutes ago, Topram said:

Given no More snow today on sky I’m sure they will do everything to get the game on

I’m in Sutton so north Birmingham but it’s still chucking down with snow here. It’s a proper white out.

I guess they don’t have to worry about it being safe for fans around the ground tonight. As long as the bin dippers have got working undersoil heating it should be ok.

Archived