New Manager

dantheram

52 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

Why? It’s a problem situation for whoever gets it. You’re either up to the task or not. 

Because it just feels like another old big name which would be mainly for the media coverage. He’s no experience as a manger. It worked with Lampard but there’s not guarantee it will with Terry. If any business is failing and seeking new management, the key criteria of of the job description would always be to have a previous proven track record of changing the fortunes of a failing business. It shouldn’t be any different for a football manager.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Cocu_Doodle_Do said:

Why not?

Proven,high profile,can work with quality players and those less fortunate?,Available. Did well at most clubs and Bolton played entertaining. Football punching above their wieght. Would definitely get the best out of present squad.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

@RoyMac5 Points made were:

- Cocu is on more money than Lampard was and this makes it very difficult to sack him. Same point made in regards to MM wanting to let the Sheikh do the sacking.

- Not much known about what the new owners plans are other than that they're "ambitious." 

- O'Rourke says that he has heard that McClaren might come back to work either with/for Rooney in a coachin capacity. 

Cheers. I wonder about Cocu's salary, if true was that the only way Mel could continue the 'high profile' manager route? 

Not much known about the new owners, fullstop I'd have though. Lets hope they are ambitious.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

@RoyMac5 Points made were:

- Cocu is on more money than Lampard was and this makes it very difficult to sack him. Same point made in regards to MM wanting to let the Sheikh do the sacking.

- Not much known about what the new owners plans are other than that they're "ambitious." 

- O'Rourke says that he has heard that McClaren might come back to work either with/for Rooney in a coachin capacity. 

I would think the payoff we got from Lampard was earmarked to pay his wages and coaching staff.  They might have used a chink on covering Covid, but it might still be budgeted for.

1 hour ago, jono said:

Noooooo Mick is a Ford Cortina. Solid reliable but so dull and agricultural.. and what’s worse, he thinks he’s brilliant because he’s got a vinyl roof and standard fog lights. 

I’ll just make clear I don’t want any of them, choosing between the three of them is a bit similar to a game of “if you had to” with the three options being losing an arm, a leg or your knob.

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why is Rowett being mentioned ?

I’m not sure, but it worries me that people want go back as manager? We made the playoffs in his full season, and it was some of the worst football I’ve seen. Even when we won 3-0 I felt like I’d wasted my money. Not a fan of pragmatic to the point of dull football!

1 minute ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Can’t quite remember now but wasn’t being talked about as an option. My point was that I’d rather take him back or get McCarthy in than appoint Terry. I actually don’t want any of them but least of all Terry

Bizarre conversation ? The Snake is doing well at Millwall and Big Mac has just started a new job in Cyprus ?

2 minutes ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

Rooney and Mac feels like a dream compared to what we’re watching right now

Do you just mean mac really haha?  Cause Rooney is on the coaching staff now and playing - and it’s awful.

Rooney already has no coaching pedigree for me cause if he did he should be saying drop that lad wearing 32. 

3 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Do you just mean mac really haha?  Cause Rooney is on the coaching staff now and playing - and it’s awful.

Rooney already has no coaching pedigree for me cause if he did he should be saying drop that lad wearing 32. 

As long as Mac does 99% of the coaching and Rooney is just the pretty (very ugly) face for the media.

Archived