New Manager

dantheram

1 hour ago, Ramfan1958 said:

how anyone could want Cocu to stay isn't a Derby fan .

We are all Derby fans. Whether a person has an opinion on a manager, a player, the colour of the away shirts that differs from your own view, there is really no need to say anything like that.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

We are all Derby fans. Whether a person has an opinion on a manager, a player, the colour of the away shirts that differs from your own view, there is really no need to say anything like that.

I want what's best for the Rams  , managers and players come and go fans dont i cannot understand anyone supporting Cocu that's all. 

3 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

I want what's best for the Rams  , managers and players come and go fans dont i cannot understand anyone supporting Cocu that's all. 

I also want the best for the Rams.

I have been firmly in the "Cocu in" camp. I'm still torn. Unfortunately, however, I think his position is becoming untenable.

All I'm saying is that whether people agree with others or not, they should not make it personal or accuse them of not supporting the club.

Anyhow, let's both hope - whoever is in charge - that things improve soon ?

Just now, IslandExile said:

I'm convinced it will be Rooney after the takeover because of what I say here...

I would take Rooney as assistant to McClaren. Genuinely would.

He's not going to be appointed the full-time manager for the very simple fact that he's still needed on the field!

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

He's not going to be appointed the full-time manager for the very simple fact that he's still needed on the field!

Well let's hope Rooney the assistant manager can get Rooney the player caring more than he does at present.

The type of attacking football that Brendan Rodgers produces would do for me. We could have got him a few years ago as well. 
No doubt the Sheikh could buy him out of his Leicester contract quite easily. 
Don’t think he’d want to be involved in a relegation scrap though. 

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Christ none of them,they would be a complete reversal of our style of play...we need someone who can carry on with cocus basic work and actually get it to work as it should.

Mac did it properly once,as did wassell.

Yep agree. I don’t want McCarthy or rowett at all, but my point was that if I was faced with a choice of one of the three of them two and Terry I’d rather have one of McCarthy and and Rowett. I just don’t like Terry and he has zero managerial experience. 

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Rooney as Assistant is fine.... would need to concentrate fully on that role so me thinks it might be better for him to hang up his boots ?

14 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

For any of you who still think Peter O'Rourke isn't a real person... ?

@RoyMac5 Points made were:

- Cocu is on more money than Lampard was and this makes it very difficult to sack him. Same point made in regards to MM wanting to let the Sheikh do the sacking.

- Not much known about what the new owners plans are other than that they're "ambitious." 

- O'Rourke says that he has heard that McClaren might come back to work either with/for Rooney in a coachin capacity. 

Archived