New Manager

dantheram

For as long as Rooney is involved at the club but not the actual manager, the stories and rumours will be circling that he is set to take over as soon as there is a bump in the road. I don't think we need that constant added pressure for the manager.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, big bad ram said:

For as long as Rooney is involved at the club but not the actual manager, the stories and rumours will be circling that he is set to take over as soon as there is a bump in the road. I don't think we need that constant added pressure for the manager.

Thing is if the manager is successful then we'll have 'manager to so&so Prem club'! Gotta learn to live with it.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thing is if the manager is successful then we'll have 'manager to so&so Prem club'! Gotta learn to live with it.

@RoyMac5  it pains me to say . But the last successful manager we had is THE POISON DWARF as your aware ....and that was for one season only ...WERE DO US FANS GO WRONG  WE JUST DONT DESERVE IT ?

2 minutes ago, neil62uk said:

@RoyMac5  it pains me to say . But the last successful manager we had is THE POISON DWARF as your aware ....and that was for one season only ...WERE DO US FANS GO WRONG  WE JUST DONT DESERVE IT ?

disagree. Success is relative, otherwise only 1 team per division is truly successful each season. Would you say Luton were a failure last season? Definitely not, in my opinion.

IN a league where normally any one of 16 teams has realistic chance of promotion (via play-offs), you'd have to say some are more successful than others.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

disagree. Success is relative, otherwise only 1 team per division is truly successful each season. Would you say Luton were a failure last season? Definitely not, in my opinion.

IN a league where normally any one of 16 teams has realistic chance of promotion (via play-offs), you'd have to say some are more successful than others.

Valid point ... But go back in history  and Davies is the last manager to achieve anything .

I don't call play off semi finals as an achievement ..or play off final defeats an achievement. 

I guess it's all about  what fans call an achievement ?

10 minutes ago, neil62uk said:

Valid point ... But go back in history  and Davies is the last manager to achieve anything .

I don't call play off semi finals as an achievement ..or play off final defeats an achievement. 

now you're changing from "success" to "achievement". Move the goalposts duck! lol

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

now you're changing from "success" to "achievement". Move the goalposts duck! lol

Only if you marry me ♥️ ... I'd love to move the goal posts at pride park ..we may SCORE ... I WANT INSTANT ACHIEVEMENT ??....DUCK ♥️

10 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'd have to agree with Neil here. Losing a playoff final and finishing 15th are both ultimately failures. Sure you might be entertained along the way, but Derby's current measure of success is based on promotion to the Premier League. I have enjoyed the football of many managers since the poison dwarf, but other than Nigel Clough to a certain extent I wouldn't say any have achieved any form of success in what they were trying to do.

33 minutes ago, neil62uk said:

Why?  We played far better and lost against QPR than we did when we won against West Brom. Victory/loss in one game shouldn’t define the whole season. 
The whole Davis season was a great example of stealing wins we didn’t deserve, by grabbing a goal and then defending for our lives. 
Just to be clear, I’m not blaming Davis for that. He did what Cocu seems incapable of - he looked at the players at his disposal and devised a system to get the best out of them. 

What would really have been interesting is if Davis had been properly backed. Who knows what he might have achieved. 

15 minutes ago, ck- said:

Why?  We played far better and lost against QPR than we did when we won against West Brom. Victory/loss in one game shouldn’t define the whole season. 
The whole Davis season was a great example of stealing wins we didn’t deserve, by grabbing a goal and then defending for our lives. 
Just to be clear, I’m not blaming Davis for that. He did what Cocu seems incapable of - he looked at the players at his disposal and devised a system to get the best out of them. 

What would really have been interesting is if Davis had been properly backed. Who knows what he might have achieved. 

We where the better side v Leicester ..but still lost 

6 minutes ago, neil62uk said:

We where the better side v Leicester ..but still lost 

I remember that too!

Seriously, I was just questioning what success is. I think that Derby team that lost to QPR was better placed to be successful that the one that beat West Brom. 
But that’s just my opinion, and we all know what opinions are like - ars*hol*s. We all have one but nobody wants to listen to someone else’s!

27 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

You cannot have it both ways. What did Nigel achieve that SMac didn't? 

Yes I can.

If you read my post I said Nigel Clough was successful to an extent - ie - he lowered the wage bill, got rid of most of the crap Prem players and avoided relegation. You can argue that avoiding relegation is a success, but since then the goal posts have most definitely moved. Once the club was stabilised the aims of the club changed - nobody since clough has merely been here to "avoid relegation". All of them have had promotion as their objective and all of them have failed despite how close some of them have been. I will say it again - finishing 15th and finishing 3rd and losing the playoff finals are both ultimately failures if you have nothing to show for those efforts.

Archived