New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

We need safe Experienced hands on this situation 

god help us if we were to get a wet behind The ears newbie like terry or Rooney 

we don’t have the wriggle room now for teething errors or for them to learn on the job 

my man .

Won’t be popular but for me knows the champ, knows what it takes, knows what is needed .. has been promoted .. twice is it, a brilliant man Manager and organiser 

mick mcarthy

His man management is excellent, in fact to my knowledge it was him who got the very Best out of both tom Lawrence and Martin waghorn at Ipswich ... who he signed for what ?? 250k 

its a no brainier For me 

He joined a club last week. Somewhere in Greece

If Big Sam comes in I will not be going to watch it...ask Everton and West Ham fans what they think i work with West Ham fans but can't repeat what they think on here lol  ...yeah lets rip it up and get someone in who's going to be exactly the opposite of what we've been trying to do.

If we are going to change manager then at least look at managers who like to play nice possession based football or at least be comfortable with players like that so that means looking at Paul Cook, Steve Mac Jokanovic type rather than Allardyce,Mcarthy,Pulis type......PLEASE!!!              

22 minutes ago, S8TY said:

If Big Sam comes in I will not be going to watch it...ask Everton and West Ham fans what they think i work with West Ham fans but can't repeat what they think on here lol  ...yeah lets rip it up and get someone in who's going to be exactly the opposite of what we've been trying to do.

If we are going to change manager then at least look at managers who like to play nice possession based football or at least be comfortable with players like that so that means looking at Paul Cook, Steve Mac Jokanovic type rather than Allardyce,Mcarthy,Pulis type......PLEASE!!!              

You mean we should keep doing things the way we've been doing them

image.png.10d93e35ce71e562da7c9c78723b97b9.png

I keep seeing people big up Liam Rosenior. He speaks very well, seems very nice, very knowledgeable etc etc, but does he have any effect? Whatever it is he is employed to do currently, is it working?

Providing the owner knows what he is doing and has decent contacts etc, this good be the best time to get rid of the whole lot and start again.

30 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I bet you did not go home pissed off every week when Billy Davis was the manager after we had won 1-0 in the champ.  If we are winning then most (maybe not you) will be happy.

Id take Big Sam if he were available.

West Ham won’t be happy with anyone who hasn’t got a time machine to take them back to Upton Park with Billy Bonds playing.

4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I didn't say that did i ?

'look at managers who like to play nice possession based football'...so we can remain in the relegation zone whilst turning our nose up at one of the most successful managers available who has a track record of getting clubs promoted and keeping struggling clubs in the Premier League.

'The Derby Way' notion is the biggest barrier to success at this club. It's hard enough getting promoted, without insisting that managers do it in a style that has failed 90% of the time it has been tried. We can play pretty football when we're in the Premier League - as Allardyce's Bolton did. Now we need a manager to get the best out of the players and get us promoted next season. As it happens I'd actually prefer Jokanovic or maybe Wagner, but to reject Allardyce in our situation would be insanity.

15 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

But for half a season, does that mean Nigel was a failure then? If not, then SMac has to be a success ??‍♂️ 

Don't sack the Wally the Wally with the brolley  I just don't think you,ll understand ...cos if you sack the Wally the Wally with the brolley your going have a riot on your hands ?...x 

22 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

You mean we should keep doing things the way we've been doing them

image.png.10d93e35ce71e562da7c9c78723b97b9.png

That quote was incorrectly credited to Einstein.

And, anyway, are you saying we should not get a manager that plays football because we tried that with Cocu and it failed so we should go the hoofball route?

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

That quote was incorrectly credited to Einstein.

And, anyway, are you saying we should not get a manager that plays football because we tried that with Cocu and it failed so we should go the hoofball route?

What has hoofball got to do with Allardyce?

7 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

'look at managers who like to play nice possession based football'...so we can remain in the relegation zone whilst turning our nose up at one of the most successful managers available who has a track record of getting clubs promoted and keeping struggling clubs in the Premier League.

'The Derby Way' notion is the biggest barrier to success at this club. It's hard enough getting promoted, without insisting that managers do it in a style that has failed 90% of the time it has been tried. We can play pretty football when we're in the Premier League - as Allardyce's Bolton did. Now we need a manager to get the best out of the players and get us promoted next season. As it happens I'd actually prefer Jokanovic or maybe Wagner, but to reject Allardyce in our situation would be insanity.

Then I am insane because I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole 

I didn't say the Derby way....so what youre saying is lets bring in a manager whos playing philosophy is totally different to whats been trying to happen here? If you bring in a manager who likes to play possesion based football it will mean we don't have to rip everything up....Mac came in and got us playing decent stuff with Cloughs players I'm saying bring in a like minded manager who won't go hoof ball but tweak things with a couple of additions thrown in

when Wigan played City in a live game in the cup last season or season before they went toe to toe with them playing some fast attacking possesion based football and got commended for it....Paul Cook is like what Chris Wilder was before he went to Sheff Utd ...a manager never given a proper oppurtunity at a big club.

Cook for me would be the choice , plays good stuff and knows the league well and means not a massive turnover of players/styles and football philosophy of how we've been trying to play.

Whether anyone likes it or not the more succesful sides keep the ball/ have more possesion ....its what you do when you have it that counts, so tweaks rather than an overhaul is required in my opinion 

Archived