Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

It's not his first 3 games. It's not even his first three games this season.

Didn’t say it was, my point is what happens if the new Manager loses his first three games after taking over, what then? Will he be under pressure if he doesn’t turn things around quickly? How long will he get 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well Cocu has had more than a season, so similar?

Cocu has been dealt a really difficult hand, taking over so late from Frank and then being under the soft embargo this summer. He is under a directive to play 5 academy players and has injuries to 3 or 4 key players. He has made some signings with possibly a couple more to come in. Surely he deserves a bit of time and be judged on how his first choice team performs? I am as disappointed as anyone else, I struggle with the style, it isn’t great to watch and isn’t currently working. But I think we need to give him till 🎄 to see if he can turn it around 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who says Big Sam or Pulis does not have a clue. They play a completely different way, will want to overhaul the squad and get their players in. It appointing managers with different styles that got us in the FFP mess and left us with an unbalanced squad. We simply do not have the cash to overhaul this team, these type of managers will want to succeed short-term at all costs, even if that means selling the silver (our young talent) to be replaced by aging battle hardened championship/Lower prem players on big money who have seen better days and we’re lose money on, which will eventually lead to points deductions and set us back years.

Any replacement has to be someone who will work with this squad and continue to bring youth through. Paul Cook and Eddie Howe are both good shouts, I would’ve said Alex Neil also but no way I want that banker at the club.

But Cocu is still the manager right now and it’s not the time to twist 3 games into the season. Another 10 games and we’re in the same position then maybe - although fact is with the pressure mounting he needs some results in the next 4-6 games 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

After three games ? This is disrespectful while Cocu is our manager. 

Three games in the Championship this season, but go back to last season after the re-start, just two wins and 10 losses in the 15 games (including friendlies) since July 1st. One win and seven defeats in the last ten games. That's not progress.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MikeS said:

Three games in the Championship this season, but go back to last season after the re-start, just two wins and 10 losses in the 15 games (including friendlies) since July 1st. One win and seven defeats in the last ten games. That's not progress.

Chris Martin, Weimann and Paterson are now sitting atop in the Championship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Anyone who says Big Sam or Pulis does not have a clue. They play a completely different way, will want to overhaul the squad and get their players in. It appointing managers with different styles that got us in the FFP mess and left us with an unbalanced squad. We simply do not have the cash to overhaul this team, these type of managers will want to succeed short-term at all costs, even if that means selling the silver (our young talent) to be replaced by aging battle hardened championship/Lower prem players on big money who have seen better days and we’re lose money on, which will eventually lead to points deductions and set us back years.

Any replacement has to be someone who will work with this squad and continue to bring youth through. Paul Cook and Eddie Howe are both good shouts, I would’ve said Alex Neil also but no way I want that banker at the club.

But Cocu is still the manager right now and it’s not the time to twist 3 games into the season. Another 10 games and we’re in the same position then maybe - although fact is with the pressure mounting he needs some results in the next 4-6 games 

Howe waiting for a Prem sacking job. Hughton would get us promoted with no further players after we get a ST and LB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

Definitely someone who Is experienced and who knows this league inside and out. 
Chris Hughton would be my choice followed by Eddie Howe, Paul Cook, Nigel Clough or Nigel Adkins. 
Or I’d have Wassell and Bowyer as interim and then go all out next season to offer Sean Dyche or Chris Wilder a humungus pay cheque for accepting the job. 

The same Sean Dyche and Chris Wilder that, despite last season's performances, haven't won a game this season that is, and whose teams sit bottom and fourth from bottom with not a point between them.  And whose teams are highly unlikely to be in those positions come the end of the season, rather like ours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Cocu has been dealt a really difficult hand, taking over so late from Frank and then being under the soft embargo this summer. He is under a directive to play 5 academy players and has injuries to 3 or 4 key players. He has made some signings with possibly a couple more to come in. Surely he deserves a bit of time and be judged on how his first choice team performs? I am as disappointed as anyone else, I struggle with the style, it isn’t great to watch and isn’t currently working. But I think we need to give him till 🎄 to see if he can turn it around 👍

Good try but the "Cocu outers" know this already; they just ain't listening.

All the stuff about making allowances for the events of last year or the injuries of this year, it's all forgotten.

Now it's all "He's had a full season already".

Makes me weep. I give up. The moaners won't be happy until they have somebody new to moan about.

And, as for the suggestions, they're laughable.

Someone good with players - Howe.

Away from a defensive approach - Hughton.

Someone who plays the youngsters - Hughton, Howe...

Someone who commands respect from big name players - Cook.

Someone who can work within a tight budget - Howe.

I despair. We have a really good manager who is building for the long term but the impatience of the "want it now" people cannot see that. I hope Mel sees the bigger picture better than you guys.

I give up. COYR 🐏

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Good try but the "Cocu outers" know this already; they just ain't listening.

All the stuff about making allowances for the events of last year or the injuries of this year, it's all forgotten.

Now it's all "He's had a full season already".

Makes me weep. I give up. The moaners won't be happy until they have somebody new to moan about.

And, as for the suggestions, they're laughable.

Someone good with players - Howe.

Away from a defensive approach - Hughton.

Someone who plays the youngsters - Hughton, Howe...

Someone who commands respect from big name players - Cook.

Someone who can work within a tight budget - Howe.

I despair. We have a really good manager who is building for the long term but the impatience of the "want it now" people cannot see that. I hope Mel sees the bigger picture better than you guys.

I give up. COYR 🐏

Excellent post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MikeS said:

And a start for Martin this afternoon and a headed assist that brought the first City goal and another win.....with a first-time Championship manager and Paul Simpson!

Is he there.  That makes a big difference.  The cool had that scored a vital 4 goals against oldham and tranmere in 96 when it looked like our arses might go.  A great foil for McClaren as well.  Can't we get him back here and shift out some coaching deadwood.  Based on current performance, ours must spend the morning reading the paper on the carsey, smoking  20 B&H and reading the paper, before knocking off at lunchtime.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, as soon as a next manager thread is posted, it means the incumbent is on borrowed time.

I really want to believe in Cocu, and his long term plan, but to believe there needs to be some signs of progress, beyond simply packing the team with academy graduates.

Regardless of results, I'd give him until January to elicit such an improvement, his reputation and his actions so far deserve that, but if we're still showing the same weaknesses as we are currently come the end of the year I can't see him surviving.

By then, there really will be no excuses.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t see many reasons to indulge the man with more time. He’s taking us backwards. The way those players played yesterday is unacceptable and that’s down to him. 

if we were clearly making progress then it wouldn’t be an issue. Having your first 11 consistently looking like a hastily thrown together set of individuals is just not on after so long in the job. 
 

What has he done, other than blood youngsters, that gives reason to think his style will work? Yes, occasionally we do knock it round well but it’s all in vein if, as it appears to be, this is at the expense of the doing the basics.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.