New Manager

dantheram

47 minutes ago, goldstar said:

We joke but we've just bought his cousin and have a few ex liverpool players... 

I couldn’t see him leaving for anyone other than Liverpool as nice as it would be, I can  see Klopp going back abroad in a couple of years and he’ll be his ready made replacement 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dantheram said:

Keeping managers who are clearly struggling gets you in similar problems. 

Exactly the point I was making.

When a manager's time with the players is up then it's certainly time for him to move on. I wonder with the comments that Cocu made and the way the players play, whether that time is definitely now?

7 minutes ago, YouRams said:

I couldn’t see him leaving for anyone other than Liverpool as nice as it would be, I can  see Klopp going back abroad in a couple of years and he’ll be his ready made replacement 

What’s Gerrard achieved? Come second in a 2 horse race in a Mickey Mouse league ?

3 hours ago, 1961ram said:

Getting a bit worried that Cocu is out of his depth with the type of football played in England especially in this division, very different to Holland as MTW has found but 3 games in is far too soon for the axe. Wait until 10 games in then if we are firmly in the bottom 3 he will need to be replaced just like any player who isn't cutting it would be. Paul Cook for me, or what about Redknap with Maclaren as his No.2 as Redknap knows good players when he sees them and Mac knows how to coach. I am now putting on my tin hat and self isolating at an undisclosed address.

image.gif.19ab22c88ddb215d35e7b6af86459c84.gif

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What’s Gerrard achieved? Come second in a 2 horse race in a Mickey Mouse league ?

We’ve currently got a manager that’s achieved a division one title in Holland doesn’t mean it’s going to happen at the next club.

Gerrard plays attacking football that’s good to watch even if it is a pub league. I think our squad of young talented players is crying out for an attacking manager.

12 minutes ago, dantheram said:

Keeping managers who are clearly struggling gets you in similar problems. 

But then what happens if the new Manager loses his first 3 games? Will he be under pressure? At some point the merry go round has to stop and I think we need to accept we are in for a rocky road but be patient and give a Manager some time. I don’t like what I am seeing, it is embarrassing, but we need some stability....

Cocu and his tactics are a square peg, and Derby's squad is a round hole. Without the nessecary funds to rebuild the squad completely we are going to continue with this style of football that doesn't suit our playing squad at all. The academy players are not good enough or consistent enough and have been found out of recent. Rooney looks unfit, and to me we are 5 or 6 decent championship players (who can play Cocu's way) away from even competing, then in a bizarre twist we go out and sign two players that are unfit and known to carry off the field baggage? I'm not sure if changing the manager is the answer but even if we do...I can't see anything other than a long hard season of trying to stay out of the bottom 6/8. We were blessed when we had Frank and 3 top class premier league loans, and it somewhat papered over the cracks...but we are not fit to compete in the top 6 of this division, by a country mile.

Archived