New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Forget Rooney we need him out of our team he's taking corners and can't even beat the first man unbelievable  

Eddie howe

Chris Hughton

Paul Simpson 

Paul Cook 

Any of them 4 and I'd be happy 

I’m not sure Eddie Howe would come to us now. I think he classed himself as a premier league manager.

Chris Hughton similar although I wouldn’t mind him coming.

Paul Simpson I think he wouldn’t be on this list if it wasn’t for the Derby connection although I enjoyed watching him play.

Paul Cook is the one I’d suggest but has only done it at lower leagues. He did a good job at Wigan last season too. He likes to play football too.

Rooney if his management is anything like yesterday’s performance no thanks.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It worked for Lampard and to a certain extent Scott Parker. He's got good footballing understanding. I'd give him a go as 'caretaker' manager and see how it went.

I dunno Roy,his attitude over the last few matches isn't inspiring and whilst he was one of the best footballers about I do think he lacks communication skills and he has never seemed to be the sharpest knife in the box(I could have a racist attitudes towards the scouse accent though,how disgraceful)

44 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Forget Rooney we need him out of our team he's taking corners and can't even beat the first man unbelievable  

Eddie howe

Chris Hughton

Paul Simpson 

Paul Cook 

Any of them 4 and I'd be happy 

Not a bad list, but I'm not convinced by Eddie Howe. He hid behind the 'little Bournemouth' thing whilst having a Russian owner who was throwing massive amounts of money at him. And ultimately he still got relegated with an expensively assembled squad. His next move (which will presumably be in the Prem, rather than the Championship) will be an interesting one. If he moves to one of the smaller clubs, can he replicate his success at Bournemouth? If he moves to a big club, can he actually win things, rather than just survive in the Prem, which was sufficient at Bournemouth? Time will tell, but I don't think he'll be taking the Derby job (even if it was available).

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I might be living in a parallel universe, but wasn't the guy being hung, drawn and quartered today being lauded as a genius last week for his transfer dealings? 

I don't think our problems are tactical. I think they are mental. 

I don't see a team that goes onto the pitch fully-focused on doing everything possible to defeat the opposition. 

The Rooney effect has worn off. 

Cocu needs to decide why this squad cannot perform on a Saturday. Proper clear the air talks. 

No manager can do anything about the type of mistakes made yesterday. 

It was footballing suicide. 

Of course there Tactical, did you not see the transition when we were attacking and lost the ball, it was nowhere to be seen!

I might be living in a parallel universe, but wasn't the guy being hung, drawn and quartered today being lauded as a genius last week for his transfer dealings? 

I don't see a team that goes onto the pitch fully-focused on doing everything possible to defeat the opposition. 

Cocu needs to decide why this squad cannot perform on a Saturday. Proper clear the air talks. 

But I can think of a fair few that would get more out of this side than Cocu is doing.

14 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

Of course there Tactical, did you not see the transition when we were attacking and lost the ball, it was nowhere to be seen!

I'm sorry but when I played winning the ball back was a natural instinct, not something I remembered from my manager. 

Similarly communicating with my team mates so we all covered for each other. 

I agree the Rooney effect has worn off and it was a factor for a few games, but Cocu’s posession football and lone forward does not work.

We’re passively maintaining posession without creating chances.
Midfielders are constantly passing the ball backwards to our half, allowing the other team higher up the pitch. 
Keeping the ball is more important than creating chances.

Team mentality might also be a problem, but I think the players are as frustrated as us with this defensive posession craze

The classic: Offense is the best defence should be applied. 

If we’re no threat in the final third, the other teams will keep steamrolling us.

for those saying Eddie Howe is a potential candidate... I remember seeing this on MOTD at the end of last season.

It’s surprising when you look back how many goals Bournemouth conceded; they were kept in the league for so long by the numbers of goals they were scoring and the GF:GA ratio just grew too big in their final season.

As we have struggled with keeping clean sheets for a while and we’re hardly prolific up front, I don’t see why Howe would be a suitable option to suddenly turn around our fortunes.

19/20 season: Goals For = 40. Goals Against = 65

18/19 season: Goals For = 56. Goals Against = 70

17/18 season: Goals For = 45. Goals Against = 61

16/17 season: Goals For = 55. Goals Against = 67

41 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I dunno Roy,his attitude over the last few matches isn't inspiring and whilst he was one of the best footballers about I do think he lacks communication skills and he has never seemed to be the sharpest knife in the box

When he first signed we had all of this, if you look there are media articles talking about how astute a footballing brain Rooney has. He lives for the game, but like anyone else if he loses belief in what is happening then it will show.

Archived