New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

The same Sean Dyche and Chris Wilder that, despite last season's performances, haven't won a game this season that is, and whose teams sit bottom and fourth from bottom with not a point between them.  And whose teams are highly unlikely to be in those positions come the end of the season, rather like ours.

Yes, that’s them.
No wins out of 2 or 3 games in the Premier League can’t be compared to our 1 win in 9 games in the Championship spanning the end of last season and the beginning of this. That’s relegation form without a doubt. 
Those two managers have achieved a great deal with limited resources and have their clubs on a stable pathway. 
Contrast that to what we have witnessed here over the past 3 months. 
Those two clubs are miles in front of us. 

2 hours ago, MikeS said:

Three games in the Championship this season, but go back to last season after the re-start, just two wins and 10 losses in the 15 games (including friendlies) since July 1st. One win and seven defeats in the last ten games. That's not progress.

It’s not but he needs time for his signings and injuries to come back. He has only just got his signings in, and there is little competition for places due to injuries. Needs until November at the very least. 

For those saying give him a year or until Christmas would you think we should keep him if we loose our next 2 games 4 nill with abject performances, then loose to Huddersfield and then loose to Forest giving us 0 points from 7 games +a shocking cup display vs Barrow? 

For me the max I would give him is two more games without a point, the football is pathetic and when the results are horrible as well things couldn't be worse. I'd expect better if the kit man was manager than what we're doing at the moment. 

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Good try but the "Cocu outers" know this already; they just ain't listening.

All the stuff about making allowances for the events of last year or the injuries of this year, it's all forgotten.

Now it's all "He's had a full season already".

Makes me weep. I give up. The moaners won't be happy until they have somebody new to moan about.

And, as for the suggestions, they're laughable.

Someone good with players - Howe.

Away from a defensive approach - Hughton.

Someone who plays the youngsters - Hughton, Howe...

Someone who commands respect from big name players - Cook.

Someone who can work within a tight budget - Howe.

I despair. We have a really good manager who is building for the long term but the impatience of the "want it now" people cannot see that. I hope Mel sees the bigger picture better than you guys.

I give up. COYR ?

Excellent post.  The point about want it now is spot on.  Sometimes you have to move backwards to move forwards but it will come good.  With today’s mentality BC would never have had that full 2nd season!!

2 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Unfortunately, as soon as a next manager thread is posted, it means the incumbent is on borrowed time.

I really want to believe in Cocu, and his long term plan, but to believe there needs to be some signs of progress, beyond simply packing the team with academy graduates.

Regardless of results, I'd give him until January to elicit such an improvement, his reputation and his actions so far deserve that, but if we're still showing the same weaknesses as we are currently come the end of the year I can't see him surviving.

By then, there really will be no excuses.

Season pretty much gone by Xmas though

Archived