v Swansea (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

36 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol! I'm not complaining about added pressure - you're the one going on about there doesn't seem to be enough pressure on the team/club! I've said more than once we're improving and there's lots of games left to go. Rooney et al are aware we're in a bottom of the table 'battle'.

So what on earth are you whining on about? Cocu got us into this mess, get over him! ?

Roy, when have i said there should be pressure on the team or club? I said that it could spell real danger for the current regime because the improvement in form is on a knife edge. Lose then it’s not looking great and a draw would show stagnation. If they want the job, they need to pick up wins, not look like they will a few games down the line.

I’m talking about the club as a unit, including fans, having a muted response going into what is now a big game and that I don’t think that’s a good thing. I don’t think the muted response after games we should have won in the last weeks has been a good thing either. I’m not advocating ‘pressure’ or sackings, I don’t think I ever have done on this forum, but everything feels flat at the minute as it has through an important set of games these last couple of weeks. Tomorrow’s build up is feeling the same, there’s nothing wrong to have a bit of build, excitement and saying that tomorrow is a big game. If anything it’s a message to Rooney and the players that they have the fans backing.

The problem is that the draws against Wycombe and Coventry especially, have put us in a position where we need to pick up points in games we wouldn’t expect to. It’s the simple reality that every home game is now that much more important until we get out of the relegation places.

There, we are not putting pressure on Rooney ok? I actually quite like this Rooney/Mac mash up to be truthful. I’ve just not really posted about it these last few weeks cause I’ve largely taken a break from posting. BUT our form going into Christmas and January could go either way at this moment, wins are needed and very soon!

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I’m talking about the club as a unit, including fans, having a muted response going into what is now a big game and that I don’t think that’s a good thing. I don’t think the muted response after games we should have won in the last weeks has been a good thing either. I’m not advocating ‘pressure’ or sackings, I don’t think I ever have done on this forum, but everything feels flat at the minute as it has through an important set of games these last couple of weeks. Tomorrow’s build up is feeling the same, there’s nothing wrong to have a bit of build, excitement and saying that tomorrow is a big game. If anything it’s a message to Rooney and the players that they have the fans backing.

The fans can't go to the club - not even to gather around the stadium. How are they supposed to display a response? Could be that you are interpreting the current 'feeling' around the club wrongly?

How can they do more than 'watch from afar' if you like? We don't know who will be our owner, our manager or our players. We are getting better after Cocu's departure but to get to much more than being hopeful, well what do you base that on?

Everyone is sort of in limbo and waiting. Although the games are still being played, there is a long way to go - the time to panic (if necessary) is after the January window! ?

#COYR

6 hours ago, roboto said:

JHI played a full 90 last night for the U23s so is unlikely to be involved with the first team squad tomorrow.

Stretton got 45 minutes, as did Sibley and Ibe. We will likely see a couple of those on the bench tomorrow. Bobby Duncan still not getting minutes for the U23s.

I don't think we'll be seeing 2 up front any time soon.

I think you are right about not seeing two up front any time soon and therefore I don't see us scoring more than one goal any time soon.

I hope I'm wrong and we can put some past Swansea but I don't see it.

Again you are right JHI probably would not start so I would start with Stretton, gotta be worth a try.

6 hours ago, roboto said:

JHI played a full 90 last night for the U23s so is unlikely to be involved with the first team squad tomorrow.

Stretton got 45 minutes, as did Sibley and Ibe. We will likely see a couple of those on the bench tomorrow. Bobby Duncan still not getting minutes for the U23s.

I don't think we'll be seeing 2 up front any time soon.

Based on evidence so far, I don't think we will see anything aside from 4231 anytime soon.

4 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I get that but I'm not sure if its. If we had beaten Stoke then yes, but as we are 3rd bottom with a frankly pitiful amount of points and wins we need to win really. Not a must win but it is an important game just like every game in our situation. 

I’ll certainly take the win! I do think we’re due a run of luck so here’s hoping 

This has to be the worst championship in years.

We recently played high flying Bournemouth, Watford, stoke and brentford.

none were great.

barnsley are up to 9th

13 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

The fans can't go to the club - not even to gather around the stadium. How are they supposed to display a response? Could be that you are interpreting the current 'feeling' around the club wrongly?

How can they do more than 'watch from afar' if you like? We don't know who will be our owner, our manager or our players. We are getting better after Cocu's departure but to get to much more than being hopeful, well what do you base that on?

Everyone is sort of in limbo and waiting. Although the games are still being played, there is a long way to go - the time to panic (if necessary) is after the January window! ?

#COYR

Start by not sending dogs abuse to Whittaker when he posts about his food bank work. In fact just generally not tagging players when criticising them would be huge. 

I know most of us aren’t pond life but it’s worth making the point before we play a team that could spank us later. 

Expecting to get beat by a good side. Would take another scrappy draw to keep the unbeaten run going, would prefer a win with us scoring more than one in a game.

Reality is that we have still only scored 8 in the league and they have only conceded 10 all season so not looking promising.

Lets live in hope though.

36 minutes ago, England Ram said:

Expecting to get beat by a good side. Would take another scrappy draw to keep the unbeaten run going, would prefer a win with us scoring more than one in a game.

Reality is that we have still only scored 8 in the league and they have only conceded 10 all season so not looking promising.

Lets live in hope though.

Depends how brave we are prepared to be both in selection and approach. If we play two holding players in a midfield three and rely on Knight for creativity it’s hard to see how we can score.

I’d like to see us start with Knight alongside Bielik and have Lawrence behind Jozwiak, CKR and Waghorn.

Archived