v Swansea (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

7 minutes ago, David said:

Bielik, Shinnie and Knight are all midfielders so not sure how you have worked this one out.

Eeeeh as flippant as his comment may be it's not hard to argue that their are 6 players out there who's primary job is to defend and Knight is definitely more a box to box player that he is a 10.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, David said:

Bielik, Shinnie and Knight are all midfielders so not sure how you have worked this one out.

Bielik and shinnie dont go over the halfway line. Defensive midfielders. Clues in the title, defensive. the Line ups more defensive than the last time we scored none. In fact, we'll be lucky to get none. 

Just now, Xlor said:

Bielik and shinnie dont go over the halfway line. Defensive midfielders. Clues in the title, defensive. the Line ups more defensive than the last time we scored none. In fact, we'll be lucky to get none. 

Not even true though. 

Hard to argue with the line up when we’ve started keeping clean sheets and giving 100%. But personally it’s not for me as Knight isn’t a 10 and Shinnie isn’t good enough offensively. Tough match regardless of the line up though so let’s keep everything crossed and hope for the best.

7 minutes ago, David said:

Not even true though. 

Which bit? Shinnie is more defensive than bird and waghorn hasn't got what Lawrence has (when he can be bothered) except more defensive work rate. Looks more defensive to me. 

3 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Which bit? Shinnie is more defensive than bird and waghorn hasn't got what Lawrence has (when he can be bothered) except more defensive work rate. Looks more defensive to me. 

The bit I highlighted on Shinnie and Bielik not crossing the halfway line, Shinnie has 1 of the few goals we have scored. Neither are uber defensive to the point they don't venture forward. 

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Strange decision to drop Whittaker from the squad again. Holmes is our only wide option off the bench - risky considering his form and recent injury history.

Based on his last performance it's not surprising, doesn't look quite ready yet and whilst Holmes hasn't bee great either, he is a better option for us out the two. 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Strange decision to drop Whittaker from the squad again. Holmes is our only wide option off the bench - risky considering his form and recent injury history.

I'm kinda surprised your surprised after he got dragged off on Saturday

Archived