v Swansea (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

That's our best line-up for me. Not a huge fan of Wisdom at the CB but the other options are not great either.

If I thought it was close to possible that he's not been frozen out I'd give Te Wierik another crack and I'd also be tempted to put Bielik there with Bird in midfield in the future but right know I think it's best if we leave him where we are.

Need a decent CB coming in the window really.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m not one to usually go for a knee jerk reaction but isn’t this Wednesday’s game huge? Another draw or dare I say a defeat could spell real danger for this current regime as I see it.

It may just be me, but have to say the reaction from Saturday appears quite muted to me for saying it was a game we desperately needed to win at home. I hope we aren’t accepting mediocrity and sleep walk into a proper relegation battle because we deem it that we are playing better and results will come in the future.

5 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I hope we aren’t accepting mediocrity and sleep walk into a proper relegation battle because we deem it that we are playing better and results will come in the future.

Are we still on the bottom then? How far from safety (currently) are we then? Oh, just goal difference. Seems things have improved.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Are we still on the bottom then? How far from safety (currently) are we then? Oh, just goal difference. Seems things have improved.

Think you’re missing my point somewhat, tomorrow is a huge game because a draw or a defeat would show that we are stagnating in form. Only a win would really show improvement. Does a draw really get us anywhere?

Everything around Derby from the club to the fans seems very muted at present to me which is a concern in my eyes, when we should be hyping up the importance of this game somewhat

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Swansea are quite good. Hopefully our new found rigidity at the back can help us keep the goals out and we can nick something at the other end.

I'd say we were very fortunate, because somehow an incognito Conor Sammon happened to be playing up front for Brentford?

36 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I’m not one to usually go for a knee jerk reaction but isn’t this Wednesday’s game huge? Another draw or dare I say a defeat could spell real danger for this current regime as I see it.

It may just be me, but have to say the reaction from Saturday appears quite muted to me for saying it was a game we desperately needed to win at home. I hope we aren’t accepting mediocrity and sleep walk into a proper relegation battle because we deem it that we are playing better and results will come in the future.

Not read many posts but prior to game it was two points dropped if a draws or me despite their six in eight clean sheets away (impressive), top and main scorer out though. I was disappointed with 0-0. What is consistency these days...unbeaten run but with three points for win you're better off being the most inconsistent team in the league. Agree totally with your post @TuffLuff. Got to start wrapping up three points at home 

Given Sibley, Stretton and Ibe all played 45 mins in the under 23s - i’d expect all of them on the bench Wednesday....

so 

Marshall

Byrne

Wisdom

Clarke

Buchanan

—-

Bielik

Shinnie

Knight 

Joswiak

Lawrence

CKR

subs 

keeper Roos

full backs mcDonald, Forsyth

Centre back Te Wierik

def mid Bird

Attacking mid Sibley

striker Stretton

wingers Waghorn, Ibe

16 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Everything around Derby from the club to the fans seems very muted at present to me which is a concern in my eyes, when we should be hyping up the importance of this game somewhat

Yeah lets get them panicked and add more pressure, there's only a few games left until the end of the season.

18 hours ago, brady1993 said:

If I thought it was close to possible that he's not been frozen out I'd give Te Wierik another crack and I'd also be tempted to put Bielik there with Bird in midfield in the future but right know I think it's best if we leave him where we are.

Need a decent CB coming in the window really.

I think we need two decent CB’s.

54 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah lets get them panicked and add more pressure, there's only a few games left until the end of the season.

That’s obviously not my point is it, it’s that we are going through a run of important games where we need points and the club and fans appear muted in their response to that. To me it’s not a good sign, that attitude is fine if you are mid table and safe but tomorrow night is a big game for Derby because of our last results going into it. 

Besides, the thought of ‘adding pressure’ was fine for you earlier in the season under Cocu weren’t it? Bit double standards to complain about others adding pressure!

28 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

That’s obviously not my point is it, it’s that we are going through a run of important games where we need points and the club and fans appear muted in their response to that. To me it’s not a good sign, that attitude is fine if you are mid table and safe but tomorrow night is a big game for Derby because of our last results going into it. 

Besides, the thought of ‘adding pressure’ was fine for you earlier in the season under Cocu weren’t it? Bit double standards to complain about others adding pressure!

Our play has been pedestrian all season so can concur with what you're putting across, am not advocating launching the ball upfield at every available opportunity but we desperately need to show some urgency in our play rather then bossing the possession stats but not doing anything with it. 

17 hours ago, SKRam said:

Not read many posts but prior to game it was two points dropped if a draws or me despite their six in eight clean sheets away (impressive), top and main scorer out though. I was disappointed with 0-0. What is consistency these days...unbeaten run but with three points for win you're better off being the most inconsistent team in the league. Agree totally with your post @TuffLuff. Got to start wrapping up three points at home 

Aye the point is that right now our consistency could go either way because as the form table shows they are still 15 teams with better consistency and we are sat 2 points off the bottom of the table. If we keep drawing those results against Wycombe and Coventry start to look very poor 

Archived