v Swansea (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

image.png.bda30fcfa5322128551b40cbed8dbecc.png

If Lawrence is out, play Waghorn in RW and move Jozwiak to LW.

Need to trust that Bielik can play in DM on his own. We need 2 CM's to link the defence to the attack. Knight as the sole CAM in a 4-2-3-1 isn't enough. I think they're lacking a presence behind CKR in attack. Every attack seems to go out wide then passed back or out wide then in the box to nobody. They never seem to attack centrally. 

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Rev said:

If you're gonna flounce, do it properly. 

Don't announce it to the world, expecting people to beg you to stay, then come crawling back a month later with your tail between yer legs as if nothing had happened.

That's it I'm properly done now.

Bye.

28 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

Marshall

Byrne   Wisdom   Clarke   Buchanan

Bielik

Knight   Shinnie

Waghorn                          Jozwiak

Kazim -Richards

This would be my choice too @Ramdale... We're going to have to work hard and tackle hard in the middle of the pitch in this game, which Shinnie does 10x better than Bird IMO. Rest of the team picks itself at the minute. Have Sibbo and Ibe ready to come on if we need to change things ?

Marshall, Byrne, Buchanan, Clarke, bielik, jozwiak, kazim-Richards, knight - pick themselves

the only decisions to make are

• formation
  • centre back - Evans, wisdom or Te wierik (assuming davies is out)
  • 2nd holding midfielder (4232) - Shinnie, bird, knight, evans
  • attacking midfield - 2 of Lawrence, sibley, knight, holmes, Waghorn, (Ibe and Whittaker) 

Ibe, and Whittaker don’t look right at the moment 

(until we get a proper left winger the attacking midfield will always be a hotch potch)

I’d be tempted to give Jozwiak a freer role. 

13 hours ago, bucktwo said:

As we are still very shy in front of goal could we start Stretton ..

Marshall 

Byrne  Wisdom Clarke Buchanon 

Beilek Shinnie 

Joswiak kazim Knight 

Stretton 

With all the usual subs 

I've been thinking along similar lines although with slightly different personnel.

CKR is giving us a platform in the final 3rd but we have no-one around him or going beyond him. Bringing Stretton changes that, gives us a tandem threat & more options in the box for those out wide to try & find. We need to break this goal curse asap & I'd favour going for Swansea's throat first half...we've got plenty of options to shore up if we get ahead.

I'd move Knight back to partner Bielik in front of the back 4 - his industry & tidy use of the ball is excellent but he isnt threatening enough at 'number 10'. With playing two up top, we're likely to be outnumbered in midfield so would need Knight's energy in there. I'd also bring Waghorn back in if Lawrence isnt available. 

Technically CKR wouldn't be playing number 10, formation is more of a 4-2-2-2

20201213_082616.jpg.5b701026b064b94a1b11059bb1f73607.jpg

What I would like;

Marshall 

Byrne  Wisdom   Clarke   Buchanan 

Knight    Bielik    Shinnie 

Waghorn   CKR    Jozwiak 

What i think it will be;

Marshall

Byrne  Wisdom   Clarke   Buchanan 

Bielik   Shinnie

Waghorn    Knight    Jozwiak 

CKR

i don’t see Knight as a number 10 though, that position is for Lawrence or Sibley. Somebody who can take the ball on the half turn and beat his man. Knight would be better running from deep like Bryson used to do, he’s got the energy.

Keep tellin ya Wazza but you just don't listen mate, do ya! Here's the one I popped up last time to help you out, as I can't be arsed to do a new one. You could swap Fozzy and Lee around this time but otherwise just stick to the bloody script mate. If that scary looking lad who got stabbed in the bum has remembered how to head a ball, he can replace that nice young chap Evans, too, but I'll leave that up to you since you're the gaffer, for now at least.

First off, drop the dual bloody CDMs you boring bar steward. Have Sibbo and Knight playing as proper AMs not 10s, false 9s, dummy 11s, pseudo 12s, or any of that new-fangled malarkey and just let Jozzy's pal do the shielding bit. 

Next, get the lad who some cheeky git reckons is 3 stone overweight on the right wing and replace him when he's knackered with that Waggy fella. There's a good few on here who reckon that that'll be after about 4 and a 1/2 minutes but ignore them as they're talking bolarks. Saw him play for the U23s and he was fine for an hour or so and scored a bloody belter too. Here's a free tip mate - you're fat and slow, he's like the world's fastest brick poohouse. Set him loose and watch the oppo FBs cower in fear. Do it now ffs!

So... fatty on the right, Jozzy on the left and that unit with tatts what used to do the door at the Paradise between 'em. Bloody handful he is. Scary AF too! Apparently his last job was decapitating people for a Mexican cartel, or so I hear anyway. CBs run away when they see him coming and that's good enough for me.

And there you have it. Job's a good'un, Bob's ya bloomin aunty mate, we're sorted!  Goals galore in that side! You reckoned that nice, smiley bloke from Belgium over-complicated stuff, so stop doing the same bloody thing! 

image.png.e3423e1abaa3aa4e3f1f69ddb16ebbe2.png

11 hours ago, DCFClks said:

Need to trust that Bielik can play in DM on his own. We need 2 CM's to link the defence to the attack. Knight as the sole CAM in a 4-2-3-1 isn't enough. I think they're lacking a presence behind CKR in attack. Every attack seems to go out wide then passed back or out wide then in the box to nobody. They never seem to attack centrally. 

Yes, been saying this for a while. Swansea have a lot of pace so might be best to stick with Buchanan for this one ....

13 hours ago, DCFClks said:

I would pick largely the same team, but have Shinnie instead of Sibley. I worry a little about Sibley playing that role as he's only previously been used in the no.10 so not sure he's an all round midfielder (yet).

Lawrence is out so i agree move move Jozwiak to LW but i would start Ibe RW over Waghorn to be honest. I understand his limitations in terms of fitness, but he has way more potential than Waghorn and the sooner we get him up to speed, the better.

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yes, been saying this for a while. Swansea have a lot of pace so might be best to stick with Buchanan for this one ....

Forsyth better defensively and better passing/crossing though. Tough call, but i would pick Forsyth and go with the attitude let them worry about us rather than the other way round. 

Archived