v Swansea (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, England Ram said:

Expecting to get beat by a good side. Would take another scrappy draw to keep the unbeaten run going, would prefer a win with us scoring more than one in a game.

Reality is that we have still only scored 8 in the league and they have only conceded 10 all season so not looking promising.

Lets live in hope though.

48 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Fully expecting a good game which we win 

It's the hope that kills you.

I do expect us to raise ourselves against a good team like we have all season and "not look to bad against these" but probably lose by 1 goal.

As good a footballing team as Swansea are, they are a bit lightweight! I'm expecting players such as Bielik, Shinnie and CKR to have a good game (if they're involved).

Defensively, Ayew and Lowe will outpace whoever we put at centre-back all day... keep it narrow at the back and hope Byrne and Buchanan can cover. Let our wide attacking players provide the width (not cutting inside every time this game please!).

CKR (in theory) should bully their centre-backs all game in the air and holding it up... get it to him early and fingers crossed some of our pacier players e.g. Jozwiak, Knight, Ibe? can be close enough to take advantage of this.

Championship's strongest defence vs Championship's weakest attack? It's got 3-3 draw written all over it ?

2 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Positives: Waghorn back gives us an extra threat in the box and better balance with overlapping full backs. Glad we've stayed positive with the full backs.

Negatives: Knight still isnt a #10 and that midfield is very workmanlike with next to no creativity.

As an aside with him not on the bench or appearing for the U23s I'd say it's nailed on Te Wierik is gone.

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Positives: Waghorn back gives us an extra threat in the box and better balance with overlapping full backs. Glad we've stayed positive with the full backs.

Negatives: Knight still isnt a #10 and that midfield is very workmanlike with next to no creativity.

As an aside with him not on the bench or appearing for the U23s I'd say it's nailed on Te Wierik is gone.

Dutch mike may well have a future here but we have Evans and Forsyth and MacDonald did ok to be defenders if needed, would you want more defenders on the bench? 

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Okay I suppose. 

Front three will need better support from the midfield than they've had recently. 

Up to Knight to show he's Bryson material. 

I think he would if he played in the same position that Bryson flourished i.e. in a true 3.

As a 10 in negates a lot of his best qualities and asks of him things he's not great at.

Archived