Marmite Player

dilkie

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I was just making a point that that Asanovic couldn't have more than one good season as we changed the team and he didn't really get much chance to play.  Thanks for the constructive response mind. ?

He could have played in that following season as that was similar to the role he played for Croatia.

He played further forward than normal in that first season.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, sage said:

He could have played in that following season as that was similar to the role he played for Croatia.

Along time ago but once we put three up top regular, I seem to recall Eranio get that position when he first came . Never really understood why he didn't get more game time with him, but I certainly remember Asanovic as a far more useful player for us than Kinkladze.  

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Along time ago but once we put three up top regular, I seem to recall Eranio get that position when he first came . Never really understood why he didn't get more game time with him, but I certainly remember Asanovic as a far more useful player for us than Kinkladze.  

I would agree re Kinky. Asanovic was more consistent. But I didn't get to swim in Asanovics swimming pool when we were away at Bristol so I have mixed feelings 

57 minutes ago, sage said:

May be wrong, but I think he didn’t play as we were limited to 5 overseas players. Baiano, Eranio, Laursen, Poom and Wanchope getting the nod most games. Shame really because Ace was ace in my opinion.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

May be wrong, but I think he didn’t play as we were limited to 5 overseas players. Baiano, Eranio, Laursen, Poom and Wanchope getting the nod most games. Shame really because Ace was ace in my opinion.

I think your are mixing it up with the Non-EU rule, that meant Poom, Stimac and Wanchope being picked kept Solis out of the squad. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/12/2020 at 00:08, sage said:

Asanovic and Baiano only had one good season each.

I agree on Baiano - he looked very, very good for a short while then just seemed to lose interest. 

Ace was an enigma and I can’t defend him really but when he was on it, he was unplayable. I just felt the guy was so talented - just temperamental as is often the case with flair players. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I was just trying to find this because I saw theo Robinson playing for port Vale , I loved theo while he was on loan here and remember being gutted when he didn't sign permanently ?

?? He played for us for 2 years on permanent basis

1 hour ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I was just trying to find this because I saw theo Robinson playing for port Vale , I loved theo while he was on loan here and remember being gutted when he left ?

Theo Robinson's Derby career is one of life's enigmas. One of the worse players I have ever seen, yet scored more regularly than players that were far better players. His goal at Hull will always be the epitome of him, terrible air shot at a volley that sends defenders and keeper flying for the ball to fall at his feet inexplicably for a tap in. 

38 minutes ago, rynny said:

Theo Robinson's Derby career is one of life's enigmas. One of the worse players I have ever seen, yet scored more regularly than players that were far better players. His goal at Hull will always be the epitome of him, terrible air shot at a volley that sends defenders and keeper flying for the ball to fall at his feet inexplicably for a tap in. 

How dare you bad mouth the jamaican talisman

57 minutes ago, rynny said:

Can’t believe Clough bombed him out when he did. 

He was on 9 goals by November and then only started twice more.

Should have played him until the January, got him into double figures and sold!

5 minutes ago, cannable said:

Can’t believe Clough bombed him out when he did. 

He was on 9 goals by November and then only started twice more.

Should have played him until the January, got him into double figures and sold!

He scored his 9th goal on 1st December. Of the 5 games that followed to January he started 2 and was sub in 2.

Looks like Ward and Tyson were available for games again (was going to say returned to fitness but were they ever fit? ?) We then signed Martin in Feb (?) and sent Robinson out on loan to Huddersfield. 

I remember Robinson getting a rollocking because he revealed he'd been dropped via twitter before a game

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19369397

I misremembered when it happened though, thought it was something which may have lead to his exit, but it was right at the start of the season. (I'd definitely forgotten we had Robinson, Sammon & Tyson all at the same time!)

Classic Nigel Clough in that article though:

The Rams boss went on to dismiss Twitter as having a place in the lives of players. He said: "I've never been on any Twitter thing and I cannot see one benefit of players being on it.

"If so-called celebrities want to pop on there and tell people what they're having for lunch then that's up to them. But, in sport, especially football, players will find it difficult to stick to non-football issues."

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

I remember Robinson getting a rollocking because he revealed he'd been dropped via twitter before a game

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19369397

I misremembered when it happened though, thought it was something which may have lead to his exit, but it was right at the start of the season. (I'd definitely forgotten we had Robinson, Sammon & Tyson all at the same time!)

Classic Nigel Clough in that article though:

You call yourself a Rams fan, how could you forget such a golden time in the clubs history.

Archived