Marmite Player

dilkie

But of fun but who is your Derby County Marmite player? The one guy who’s back you always had in discussions/arguments when everyone else was anti them. 

For me it was Theo Robinson. All legs and energy without the brain required to be a footballer. Watching him play was painful but I always knew he had a scuffed shot that would trickle over the goal line in him. #theotheotheo

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most recently Dawkins. I loved him, always looked a bit loose but always kept the ball, and used it well. 

He was a completely different style of winger, but in tandem with Martin and Fozzy those triangles they made were something else.

37 minutes ago, dilkie said:

But of fun but who is your Derby County Marmite player? The one guy who’s back you always had in discussions/arguments when everyone else was anti them. 

For me it was Theo Robinson. All legs and energy without the brain required to be a footballer. Watching him play was painful but I always knew he had a scuffed shot that would trickle over the goal line in him. #theotheotheo

I've already replied, but on thinking, a marmite player should divide the fan base pretty equally, not one who you backed against universal apathy/disdain.

Martin/Lawrence/Keogh/Ward/Russell fit the bill from recent seasons in seeming to have as many fans as detractors.

Archived