Marmite Player

dilkie

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, NG2Ram said:

Mick Brolly, often maligned Mick was with the Rams for exactly one year from 1/8/82 to 1/8/83, made 42 appearances so possibly played in every game during that period? Scored 4 goals (not bad for a wide player in a struggling team) and more importantly set up Andy Hill to score the second goal in the Taylor v Clough FA cup 3rd round tie at the Baseball Ground in 1983 sparking pandemonium in the Popside, fans on the pitch, the whole works, and to top it off I believe we sold him on to Scunthorpe for more than we paid Grimsby for him a year before.

I once saw Archie Gemmill give him a look of absolute contempt when he passed to him and then watched on in disgust at the attempt to cross. 

3 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Jake Buxton 

A few who I used to stand with in the SE Corner slagged Sir Jake off as a "typical Clough lower league signing" at first. You know the type, hipster beards, pretending to be football lads but really wanted to be watching Arsenal or Man United.

Jake Buxton is football to me.

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

2 players for me.

Spencer Prior and Deon Burton.

prior purchased as the unfashionable replacement for Dailly?, but i loved him. 

Deon Burton,we didnt realise just how good he was until it was too late and Pompey stole him for absolute peanuts. 

I thought they were both crap ?

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Manager or Player?

When he played in the dark days of the eighties. He was far better than anyone else in the squad...played balls into space that the lesser players never saw coming...consequently he got the bird a lot when actually it was the lack of quality in his team mates.

Just now, superzak said:

When he played in the dark days of the eighties. He was far better than anyone else in the squad...played balls into space that the lesser players never saw coming...consequently he got the bird a lot when actually it was the lack of quality in his team mates.

Agree, he was a classy player.

Complete cockwomble as a manager unfortunately.

1 hour ago, superzak said:

He was one of the main reasons those days stopped being dark.

Archived