v Stoke City (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Marriott Ram99 said:

I want to proven wrong but Bird and Whittaker aren't good enough for me. Look how poo we were start of the season when they were playing week in week out, they should improve but they aren't championship standard players yet imo. 

Didn't our improvement last season coincide with Bird playing regularly? When has Whittaker had a run of games? But yeah, let's blame the young players.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Getting déjà vu here. Again, we played alright. Again though, we don't take the chances we did have and I'm sure Stoke are going to look better in the second half. Feels like every game we play decent, don't take our opportunities then find ourselves under the cosh in the second half because of it.

That is the stupid thing about this season. We have been the better team in more first halves than not but in nearly all cases have nothing to show for it.

Sure we have improved, but you'd disappointed if we didn't once Bielik was in his best position and we had some form of striker up there. I am actually warming to Rooney but I wonder if in this position we need more experience to solve it. I hope Rooney can do it.

4 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Pardon. Lawrence looked good until He pulled up. Whittaker has done fantastic in the under 23s so deserves the chance. You realise you support Derby County and not Man City don’t you? 

Lawrence is dog 6 games out of 10, good for 2 games about average the rest. I do realise who I ducking support I don't need telling. Whittaker will hopefully improve but at first team level he hasn't looked good enough as of yet. 

Just now, Marriott Ram99 said:

Lawrence is dog 6 games out of 10, good for 2 games about average the rest. I do realise who I ducking support I don't need telling. Whittaker will hopefully improve but at first team level he hasn't looked good enough as of yet. 

Didn’t realise I was fishing today alligator attacking GIF

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Didn't our improvement last season coincide with Bird playing regularly? When has Whittaker had a run of games? But yeah, let's blame the young players.

I'm not blaming the young players, I simply said those 2 in particular I'm not convinced with. Other young players have played better.  Bird was decent last season but more than a tad over rated imo, he was mainly playing simple balls to Rooney nothing extravegant or anything someone like a Bradley Johnson type player couldn't do. He has good technique and gets it out his feet quickly but alot to improve on even to be good at championship level never mind higher. 

Archived