v Stoke City (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much the better team, and we are so different from only a few weeks ago. The main differences are that our defence and midfield no longer look to pass backwards or sideways as a first option, we are putting the ball into the channels and we have players who are prepared to run through on goal looking for the through ball.

Incidentally , how can Stoke be considered a top 6 side?

Bird not doing enough for me, slowing the play down and passing backwards or sideways. Id put Knight in the middle alongaide Bielik and then bring Sibley on in the 10.

For all Knights incredible workrate he doesnt have the quality to create enough whilst in the number 10 role.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Bird not doing enough for me, slowing the play down and passing backwards or sideways. Id put Knight in the middle alongaide Bielik and then bring Sibley on in the 10.

For all Knights incredible workrate he doesnt have the quality to create enough whilst in the number 10 role.

Always got a goal in him though

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

I thought he's done really well in the midfield this season, but it's clear to me he's not a number 10. Final third intricate passing isn't really his game.

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

This

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I thought he's done really well in the midfield this season, but it's clear to me he's not a number 10. Final third intricate passing isn't really his game.

Yeh I think he is quality in the middle but he is a workhorse not someone who can play the clever little throughballs. He is a Bryson not a Hughes.

Next step is to get more creativity in midfield. Knight, Bird and Bielik is a bit overkill on the defensive side. Sibley on and you start to get a really functional team together, at the minute it still looks a bit like a defensive unit and an offensive unit that are working separately

4 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Always got a goal in him though

Yeah he is has which is why id keep him on pitch and bring Bird off. Knight can make late runs into the box still from the midfield 2 but we have someone with more creativity in the 10 like Sibley

2 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Get Ibe on Ffs, Lawrence is league 1 standard so is Whittaker to be blunt so if he's fit enough we need to actually utilise the few players of quality we have. 

Pardon. Lawrence looked good until He pulled up. Whittaker has done fantastic in the under 23s so deserves the chance. You realise you support Derby County and not Man City don’t you? 

2 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Pardon. Lawrence looked good until He pulled up. Whittaker has done fantastic in the under 23s so deserves the chance. You realise you support Derby County and not Man City don’t you? 

Lawrence looked good for 20 mins and then tailed off, tbf Whittaker does deserve a chance but has done nothing so far except a powder puff shot. I would have preferred Ibe too.

Archived