FA Charge - Ongoing

Rammeister

13 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I personally wouldn’t simply dismiss either the paper or journalist here. Matt Lawton was named Sports News Reporter of the Year at the British Sports Journalism Awards in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, Sports Journalist of the Year at the British Press Awards in 2015, and Sports Journalist of the Year at the British Journalism Awards in 2016. Got a pretty good pedigree for investigative reporting.

I hope you looked that up, so you aren't actually a Lawton superfan, like the guy out of Partridge!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Whilst I am fairly sure we wouldn’t have done things illegally I am sure that Sam Rush got deals done by promising stuff (money ) that wasn’t his - to be honest Sam Rush can be blamed for a huge amount of our financial failings.

I think Mel's biggest mistake has been the trust he put in Sam Rush.

The article seems to contradict itself.

This week the EFL filed its case for an appeal against the decision by an independent panel to clear Derby of breaching financial regulations after a separate investigation, with sources telling The Times that additional documents have been submitted.

The EFL is appealing the second charge, and its case concerns only what has already been heard by the disciplinary commission.

If additional documents have been submitted then it's not what has already been heard by the disciplinary commission. If the documents don't cover anything not already heard by the disciplinary commission then why bother submitting them?

I still remember the articles before the original decision was released, particularly the one by Martyn Ziegler about how it didn't look good for the club, he was wrong, but he must have been fed information stating that from somewhere otherwise I doubt he'd put out that article. Where, I wonder?

I'm also wondering who has fed this one?

How can you have an investigation open for three years? You'd think if they'd been looking at it during that time that if there was something to find they'd have found it by now?

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I remember when Frank was here and I said things with the club felt more professional ?

Can we just take a 30 point deduction, put the club into Admin, callourselves AFC Derby County, put all the ongoing crap behind us, allow the Arab to buy us and start all over again, it hasnt done AFC Bournemouth any harm. 

A rose (ram) by any other name . . .

If give up I’d that happened

I'm sure things are far more complicated within the club than even we could comprehend.

The things we have heard about are only those that have had to be revealed due to official charges etc, I can only imagine the number of confidentiality clauses in place here there and everywhere.

Meanwhile, clubs like Brentford just play football ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I remember when Frank was here and I said things with the club felt more professional ?

Can we just take a 30 point deduction, put the club into Admin, callourselves AFC Derby County, put all the ongoing crap behind us, allow the Arab to buy us and start all over again, it hasnt done AFC Bournemouth any harm. 

How bad is it that this is sounding attractive to get our club back

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I personally wouldn’t simply dismiss either the paper or journalist here. Matt Lawton was named Sports News Reporter of the Year at the British Sports Journalism Awards in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, Sports Journalist of the Year at the British Press Awards in 2015, and Sports Journalist of the Year at the British Journalism Awards in 2016. Got a pretty good pedigree for investigative reporting.

Those awards were for Sports News "Reporter" of the Year and not for investigative journalism.  

All won during his 17-year career at the Daily Mail.

Yet more mischief IMHO.

26 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

How bad is it that this is sounding attractive to get our club back

I've not suggested it before because it really is such a ridiculous idea, but I've often thought that going into Admin, stripping the club bare, dropping down a division or 2, ridding every single bit of controversy from the club such as EFL charges and somehow getting a steady owner who doesnt throw money around like confetti without thinking of the consequences, would it be such a bad idea?

Mels constant managerial appointments and multi-million pound payoffs feel like our club is constantly chasing its tail at the minute.

It's all easier said than done of course.

39 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I stopped caring a long, long time ago.

Me too, Surprised that some people think where big money is concerned nothing immoral will happen, No different to our lives where we try to save/make a few notes on the QT, Only in big business it's vast sums.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

How long do these bloody things take?! 3 years and they still haven’t come to a conclusion! 

I can only hope that we are less of a mess off the pitch with the Sheikh in charge. Fed up with it all now to be honest.

At a guess, they looked, thought there was something fishy but they couldn't find anything that was likely to stick, so left it as "open" but no one was actually doing anything with it. Someone tells a journalist "there's this fa charge that went quiet, perhaps ask about that"

Archived