FA Charge - Ongoing

Rammeister

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t know where to start £1 million ambassadorial role for Craig Bryson? Sam Rush appearing again. WTF is going on. I remember the Tony Francis book in the 80s - ‘There was some football too’. Now we don’t even have that. Omnishambles or vendetta? Who knows. Maybe both. What a farcical situation we find ourselves in.

I remember when Frank was here and I said things with the club felt more professional ?

Can we just take a 30 point deduction, put the club into Admin, callourselves AFC Derby County, put all the ongoing crap behind us, allow the Arab to buy us and start all over again, it hasnt done AFC Bournemouth any harm. 

4 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I don’t know where to start £1 million ambassadorial role for Craig Bryson? Sam Rush appearing again. WTF is going on. I remember the Tony Francis book in the 80s - ‘There was some football too’. Now we don’t even have that. Omnishambles or vendetta? Who knows. Maybe both. What a farcical situation we find ourselves in.

Perhaps Sam Rush was more shady than we previously realised? Mel was certainly an unhappy bunny with him.

At a guess the Bryson retirement payment was part of his "please don't go to Burnley" contract.

Still, weird that there's a separate FA investigation that doesn't appear to have done much until a journo started asking abou it.

7 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

News to me about the Craig Bryson thing too.

So, you’re looking to buy the club. FL and FA penalties may be pending; there’s a significant risk of relegation and there is no manager. 

What decision do you make?

I was surprised that we didn’t get investigated.

the payment to Bryson presumably was all declared and tax paid, but it does have a whiff of the ‘irregular’ payments made to Dave Mackay that ended up with us being punished and kicked out of Europe.

but the one I’m staggered wasn’t investigated were the payments to Mrs ince, which despite masquerading as payments for ‘scouting’, were more likely related to the transfer of Tom Ince, and payments to third parties are illegal.

6E7A67C2-D7AC-4EF4-A2E0-D5452DF8CEC7.thumb.jpeg.5384d7bfc855675c76170f58993f954b.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Van Rammeister said:

So, you’re looking to buy the club. FL and FA penalties may be pending; there’s a significant risk of relegation and there is no manager. 

I'd buy the club, but I'd tell the people who allowed this mess at the club to be created that they need to pack up and piss off.

Consultant? ?

9 minutes ago, Van Rammeister said:

None of it is great news. Yet still has a whiff of a “something and nothing” situation blown up by bored and mischievous journos. 

Doesn't look good.... But isn't it the kind of financial shenanigans that happen everywhere? 

Got mate's with their own company and their wives have a nice company car or are given an admin job at the business...isn't it the same kind of process where famous people get dragged through the news and Starbucks pay £50 tax? 

Some accountant assures you its all totally legal and everyone is doing it. 

25 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I’ve just bought that again to read over xmas. The original must be buried must be buried somewhere in the loft. 

15 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

None of it is great news. Yet still has a whiff of a “something and nothing” situation blown up by bored and mischievous journos. 

I personally wouldn’t simply dismiss either the paper or journalist here. Matt Lawton was named Sports News Reporter of the Year at the British Sports Journalism Awards in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, Sports Journalist of the Year at the British Press Awards in 2015, and Sports Journalist of the Year at the British Journalism Awards in 2016. Got a pretty good pedigree for investigative reporting.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'd love to know why nothing has been made of Middlesbrough and Steve Gibson and the debt of his personal company?

Because no other club is pursuing an individual vendetta against him? 

Good for Derby refusing their 'hospitality' - he's a two faced banker.

Worrying sidenote in the article is that the EFL have only filed their appeal against the independent tribunal decision this week. These things seem to take an age, don't they?

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Because no other club is pursuing an individual vendetta against him? 

Good for Derby refusing their 'hospitality' - he's a two faced banker.

Worrying sidenote in the article is that the EFL have only filed their appeal against the independent tribunal decision this week. These things seem to take an age, don't they?

I was about to say the same. Also what new information can you introduce to an appeal because surely that can’t be right

as a side note the vindictive side of me would like Derby to openly state that they will not be conducting any transfers in the future with Gibson’s Middlesbrough or selling any tickets on their behalf ( ie for away fans - not that we can currently) 

29 minutes ago, RamNut said:

but the one I’m staggered wasn’t investigated were the payments to Mrs ince, which despite masquerading as payments for ‘scouting’, were more likely related to the transfer of Tom Ince, and payments to third parties are illegal.

Who was the man 'paying out' all this money back then, was that Pearce?

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

I was about to say the same. Also what new information can you introduce to an appeal because surely that can’t be right

as a side note the vindictive side of me would like Derby to openly state that they will not be conducting any transfers in the future with Gibson’s Middlesbrough or selling any tickets on their behalf ( ie for away fans - not that we can currently) 

Are we at the stage where being called a ‘Gibson’ is a more serious insult than being called a ‘Bamford’?

Archived