FA Charge - Ongoing

Rammeister

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again it’s all Mel’s fault when really looks to me he’s just trying to clear up Sam Rush’s mess and not get the club penalised for it. All our FFP issues stem from deals Sam did. Seems his biggest mistake was trusting Sam - who was already here pre-Mel. 

As for Matt Lawton. Seriously good journo, one of the best. But he also seems to indicate in his article this and the EFL charge are not linked. 

11 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Once again it’s all Mel’s fault when really looks to me he’s just trying to clear up Sam Rush’s mess and not get the club penalised for it. All our FFP issues stem from deals Sam did. Seems his biggest mistake was trusting Sam - who was already here pre-Mel. 

So no-one else was involved in these payments, did Rush have his own chequebook? 

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

At a guess, they looked, thought there was something fishy but they couldn't find anything that was likely to stick, so left it as "open" but no one was actually doing anything with it. Someone tells a journalist "there's this fa charge that went quiet, perhaps ask about that"

Yeah, you’re probably right. There’s certainly nothing we weren’t already aware about in the article, just hadn’t heard it mentioned in a while!

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Because no other club is pursuing an individual vendetta against him? 

Good for Derby refusing their 'hospitality' - he's a two faced banker.

Worrying sidenote in the article is that the EFL have only filed their appeal against the independent tribunal decision this week. These things seem to take an age, don't they?

Probably about time that we stopped blaming Gibbo for everything.  We appear to be very good at creating messes without the involvement of anybody else.  Get the feeling if we were  a horse somebody would have shot us by now out of pity.  The phrase the Derby Way is a gift that just keeps on giving

22 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So no-one else was involved in these payments, did Rush have his own chequebook? 

Who knows. We are all speculating let’s face it.  From Mel’s action against Rush it appears he was given a lot of control in running the club and a lot of trust was placed in him by Mel. And the pure coincidence that many of our big signings from that era were Wasserman Clients? 

We don’t know and are unlikely to ever know the facts, it’s just easier to blame Mel so people are - he could have overseen everything and is trying to blame someone else - or just as plausible he could simply be guilty of placing too much trust in his CEO (who was Football CEO of the year at the time if my memory serves me right) to run things for him.
I’ve been highly critical of him in the past and this takeover is now frustrating everyone, but i think some of the poo he’s getting when we don’t know the facts and he’s bankrolled the club out of his own pocket is grossly unfair.

5 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Who knows. We are all speculating let’s face it.  From Mel’s action against Rush it appears he was given a lot of control in running the club and a lot of trust was placed in him by Mel. And the pure coincidence that many of our big signings from that era were Wasserman Clients? 
We don’t know and are unlikely to ever know the facts, it’s just easier to blame Mel so people are - he could have overseen everything and is trying to blame someone else - or just as plausible he could simply be guilty of placing too much trust in his CEO (who was Football CEO of the year at the time if my memory serves me right) to run things for him.
I’ve been highly critical of him in the past and this takeover is now frustrating everyone, but i think some of the poo he’s getting when we don’t know the facts and he’s bankrolled the club out of his own pocket is grossly unfair.

Not buying this, sorry. Yes, we are all speculating, but even if Rush did construct many of these unusual deals (and he probably did) there is no way the finance director (Stephen Pearce) would not be aware of them, unless he was totally incompetent. Pearce would also have had a fiduciary duty to Morris to advise him of unusual financial arrangements.  Rush was sacked in May 2017, a long time after a lot of these unusual deals, but Pearce survived the witch-hunt. It makes you wonder why, unless the real reason Rush went is that him and Morris had a major bust-up. Morris was full of bluster and bravado at the time as to how he was going to sue the arse off Rush, but remind me how did that end?  A lot of posters seem to want to totally blame Rush, or at least excuse Morris from the issues arising, but the likelihood is that all three of the Club executives in the last six years have got fingerprints all over the mess that was created, and two of them apparently remain fighting the issues with the FA, EFL, and Middlesborough FC today.

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Whilst I am fairly sure we wouldn’t have done things illegally I am sure that Sam Rush got deals done by promising stuff (money ) that wasn’t his - to be honest Sam Rush can be blamed for a huge amount of our financial failings.

I'm not sure many of us cared when we were doing well, or if we had got promoted. 

Its only the losing sides that tend to get charged for war crimes.

I thought that Sam Rush was doing a good job at the time.

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Whilst I am fairly sure we wouldn’t have done things illegally I am sure that Sam Rush got deals done by promising stuff (money ) that wasn’t his - to be honest Sam Rush can be blamed for a huge amount of our financial failings.

Remember the "Sam rush, he always gets his man" line?

Maybe there was a reason for that, which wasn't directly connected to his nice suit and neatly trimmed goatee......?

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'd love to know why nothing has been made of Middlesbrough and Steve Gibson and the debt of his personal company?

I have been getting really confused, trying to work out why I keep reading negative comments about our Rams TV Chief Reporter*.

Finally... a Google search had put me straight. Steve Gibson has curly hair and owns Middlesbrough.

* Well ... maybe a few negative comments were justified ... and I did hear that he was friendly with the owners of Zan Fish and Ron Brooks Toyota.

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Must have authority limits way in excess of what I'm used to. 

Being no 4 or 5 in a 500m company by assets, I'm allowed to sign off up to 25k without reference to the ceo, who has to go to the board over 50k......

How many £25k sign-offs can you do?

Could you technically do ten (or one hundred) (or two) to the same supplier?

What's the difference between 2x £25k and 1x£50k, other than you can sign off 2x£25k, but your board has to sign off 1x£50k.

1 minute ago, Ken Tram said:

How many £25k sign-offs can you do?

Could you technically do ten (or one hundred) (or two) to the same supplier?

What's the difference between 2x £25k and 1x£50k, other than you can sign off 2x£25k, but your board has to sign off 1x£50k.

Thats all within budget. Soon as you trip over the annual budget, the CFOs klaxons go off and everything stops.

17 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

I have been getting really confused, trying to work out why I keep reading negative comments about our Rams TV Chief Reporter*.

Finally... a Google search had put me straight. Steve Gibson has a curly wig and owns Middlesbrough.

* Well ... maybe a few negative comments were justified ... and I did hear that he was friendly with the owners of Zan Fish and Ron Brooks Toyota.

Steve Gibson not to be confused with Colin Gibson, one I suspect has a toupe the other I suspect is why shares in Brasso remain strong. He's got a brilliant gloss on that noggin.

Archived