v Wycombe (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SKRam said:

Please please please don’t say ‘it’s only Wycombe’ pleased with that half. 

I get your sentiment but they are bad. Worst we've seen this season by a distance. Their is just so much space all over the park and it seems so easy to play in and around them.

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

CKR should have been in this team has soon as he could run. You could see from the sub appearances he gave us a presence up top.

He hasn't shown as much as this though - but he must have shown it in training. Why on earth hasn't he started before?

Hmmm.............a goal it’s remarkable!

They are poor aside from the first 10 mins.......however we are playing better and creating chances and looking dangerous going forwards.

Fozzy, CKR and Sibley looking good and even Lawrence is putting in some effort!

Lets hope we continue in this vein and get 3 points!

Best half of the season. Great decisions by Rooney to stop playing himself, play an actual centre forward and finally start Sibley.

Forsyth attacking like he used too. Holmes has been great and lovely finish too. 

Still think it was daft not starting Byrne and Knight but Davies done well and Wisdom solid but not much attacking threat. Kazim has had more good touches than the rest of our forwards all season.

Jozwiak for Lawrence after about 55 mins, then Knight for Davies on 60. 

Really promising first half. Plenty of chances & they've barely troubled us. You can see some confidence creeping in - most notably Holmes' finish.

Got to say, Kazim has been absolutely fantastic - everything you'd want from a centre forward & everything we've been missing all season.

Wycombe are lucky to only be 1-0 down here. I understand the intention of picking Shinnie & Evans to make us solid & protect our fragile confidence after Wednesday but think we could sacrifice one of them for Knight. There are goals to be had here by turning them around.

10 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

Baffles me how when we signed Richards everyone slated it as a poor signing. People who don’t understand what he brings to a team don’t understand football. He is just what you need for this league. Big, strong, and physical. If the ball sticks up front, pressure on the back 4 is relieved and you can get runners in behind. None of this backwards sideways rubbish Cocu tried implementing when you’re inviting pressure on yourself and not gaining ground in the final third. Yes it may be ugly, but it is effective. I’ve been saying it for ages on this forum that direct football in this league is what you need, not the mindless boring pointless possession play. Richards sounds like man of the match so far and is providing the link up play we crave. Well done to him thus far.

See Shefqi Kuqui ......

Just now, Xlor said:

I think they are exactly the reason we're in this mess. All overated, all played alot of minutes, bottom of the league. Too naive sometimes and they've cost us recently 

Buchanan and Knight are the only players who have any semblance of credit this season.

Bird played well in the last two games and was critical last season. 

There are a lot of players out there today who have been far far worse.

Archived