What if the takeover collapses.

Ramfan1958

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

With the present position in the  table will they back out ? Surely they won't finacally get involved if we  looked or went into Div 1 ? 

It’s a fair point. For sure our recent run of poor form cannot have come at a worse time for negotiations from Mel Morris’s financial perspective. 

41 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Blind speculation influenced by pessimism driven by being bottom of the league. That’s what this thread is. Complete Nonsense.

The take over will go through.

Have to disagree my friend do you or think the value of Derby is dropping every week? .

What if you were putting the money up would you be comfortable that tour investing wisely ?.

Complete nonsense have to disagree. 

Just now, Ramfan1958 said:

Have to disagree my friend do you or think the value of Derby is dropping every week? .

What if you were putting the money up would you be comfortable that tour investing wisely ?.

Tour !!!! predictive text should be  Your .

5 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Spell checker ! ?

51 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Blind speculation influenced by pessimism driven by being bottom of the league. That’s what this thread is. Complete Nonsense.

The take over will go through.

I think your right and this should go through however the tittle of the thread is what if it does not.

For me it would be tough and we would certainly be looking at 1st Division football if we arent already,what ever money is available come January it all needs putting in to a goal scorer for sure,yet again yesterday we looked pretty with no end product

I also dont like the look of the table at present we are 6 points behind Forest and only 4 teams below them one being ourselves,if this does not change and change quickly we are looking at any 3 from those four for relegation

We'll be playing League 1 football and Mel will go down as one of the worst owners in the clubs history. He won't be 3 amigos bad and at the moment I'm still a fan of his but as the saying goes "You either die a hero or live long enough for you to become the villain". The last I checked Mel's still alive.

If the takeover collapses we have to consider why Mel is selling.

If he doesn't have the funds left to keep going then we'll go into administration and be owned by MSD Holdings

If Mel doesn't want to keep investing but still has the funds, I would imagine that he'll hire a new manager and run things on a shoestring until he can find a new buyer.

It's also not impossible that Mel might give it one last shot as he's looked over the edge and hated what he's seen. He could hire a manager with a remit to get promotion asap - all Mel's appointments have been about building for the future, developing youth and playing pretty football. He could fund it to the maximum allowed and hope pragmatism, rather idealism, would get the desired results.

It's also possible that Mel wants to sell for non-financial reasons. Maybe he just can't put the time or effort in for much longer. He could then hire a Chairman to run it and just keep things at arms length. 

Only Mel really knows why Mel is actuals selling.

Archived