What if the takeover collapses.

Ramfan1958

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Coconut said:

We weren't bottom after 12 games and weren't on course to score fewer than 25 goals...

We were outside relegation places around Christmas time last season. Too many experts said 100% guaranteed relegated at the time and guess what? Never happened. It'll be same again this season. Lol

19 minutes ago, DerbyNutter said:

We were outside relegation places around Christmas time last season. Too many experts said 100% guaranteed relegated at the time and guess what? Never happened. It'll be same again this season. Lol

They said sleepwalking towards relegation, which was baalocks at the time. Unfortunately now for some it appears to be true.

Can you not see the rather large difference between..

Pos: 15th
P: 12 / W: 3 / Dr: 6 / L: 3
GF:  15 / GA:  18
6 points above the relegation zone with a -3 goal difference

Pos: 24th
P: 12 / W: 1 / Dr: 3 / L: 8
GF: 5 / GA: 17
3 points from safety with a -12 goal difference

?

The only thing in our favour is that we'll reach the January transfer window after 22 games instead of 25... so, um, not much. Still another 10 games to at least go without a centre forward!

What do you think is going to change our fortunes, exactly?

46 minutes ago, JohnHarkes said:

I genuinely think it'd be harder to maintain this catastrophic form throughout the entire season than it would be to go on a few winning streaks.

Let's hope so, but that's the very definition of complacency! ?

Rewind to 2007 / 2008

"It'll be OK, we've appointed Paul Jewell, he'll save us! Good record at keeping teams up. Besides, there's no way he could possibly make us any worse"

"We've got some new investment now with this GSE lot, we can make a few signings in January, we won't be bottom of the table for long!"

On 22/11/2020 at 10:49, i-Ram said:

It’s a fair point. For sure our recent run of poor form cannot have come at a worse time for negotiations from Mel Morris’s financial perspective. 

I would have thought it would make it difficult as any nay-sayer advisers the potential buyers have in tow will be having a field day.

But look on the bright side, the new shops in Portsmouth are great and Oxford is a lovely place to visit.

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

They said sleepwalking towards relegation, which was baalocks at the time. Unfortunately now for some it appears to be true.

Can you not see the rather large difference between..

Pos: 15th
P: 12 / W: 3 / Dr: 6 / L: 3
GF:  15 / GA:  18
6 points above the relegation zone with a -3 goal difference

Pos: 24th
P: 12 / W: 1 / Dr: 3 / L: 8
GF: 5 / GA: 17
3 points from safety with a -12 goal difference

?

The only thing in our favour is that we'll reach the January transfer window after 22 games instead of 25... so, um, not much. Still another 10 games to at least go without a centre forward!

What do you think is going to change our fortunes, exactly?

The thing is you get into 'Losers' Loop' …. you go a goal behind and whatever confidence goes and players are standing around with their hands on their hips. … another defeat.

After a while they start looking over their shoulders - just how far away is Preston/Rotherham from my house?

5 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

The thing is you get into 'Losers' Loop' …. you go a goal behind and whatever confidence goes and players are standing around with their hands on their hips. … another defeat.

After a while they start looking over their shoulders - just how far away is Preston/Rotherham from my house?

I think it was Saudi Arabia who gave their World Cup Final goalscorer a Rolls Royce. Let the crowd funding begin.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

we wont even be close to going down...nowhere near.

I hope you’re right and you probably will be but it’s going to be a battle we need to get things turned round soon. I think we have the talent - the right management appointment is critical 

28 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Let's hope so, but that's the very definition of complacency! ?

Rewind to 2007 / 2008

"It'll be OK, we've appointed Paul Jewell, he'll save us! Good record at keeping teams up. Besides, there's no way he could possibly make us any worse"

"We've got some new investment now with this GSE lot, we can make a few signings in January, we won't be bottom of the table for long!"

Haha... God forbid! ?

The difference with that season, other than the opposition being of a better standard, is I couldn't see us winning a game all season before it'd even kicked off - especially after our summer business - so in the end we probably exceeded my own personal expectations. Thank you, Newcastle!

Archived