Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Beetroot said:

Hope it's a 4-3-3 but prob not. Looks a strong side on paper - better than theirs. The lack of Sibley is doing my head in. As is the undroppable Tom Lawrence but I'm used to that now.

God knows. 

It'll either be a 4-3-3 with Knight in the middle with Bird and Rooney (who's the holding mid in that scenario?)

Or it's 4-2-3-1 with Lawrence behind Waghorn, Joziwiak left, Knight on the right. 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

It'll either be a 4-3-3 with Knight in the middle with Bird and Rooney (who's the holding mid in that scenario?)

Or it's 4-2-3-1 with Lawrence behind Waghorn, Joziwiak left, Knight on the right. 

We try to stay interested don't we? A goal would be nice.

1 minute ago, DerbyNutter said:

That's hilarious cheers. Knight is in midfield 3 like this. 

Rooney

Bird    Knight 

??

Top stuff, Wayne thanks mate. Now get off your phone because you've got to play holding midfield for 90 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

It inevitably is a 4-2-3-1 regardless because Rooney plays so deep that Bird drops with him.

Just now, Leicester Ram said:

It inevitably is a 4-2-3-1 regardless because Rooney plays so deep that Bird drops with him.

Ugh, true. 

Would have rather have seen Shinnie come into the side if we were going to play 4-3-3. No need to have Bird and Rooney doing virtually the same role in that system. But Rooney's not going to drop himself is he...

19 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

After I'd posted I saw you'd beaten me to it, but for some reason your link hadn't embedded. No idea why that might be, except when I paste in a Twitter link I wait a few seconds until it transforms into the tweet in my browser, before posting the message. 

But well done for getting in first! 

GofC told me to get PCs for Dummies. Cheek of it. Haha.

Feel so sorry for Shinnie, he must be fuming deep down. 

JHI - Rosenior singing his praises and then taken out of the squad completely, another that must be totally baffled. 

Bobby Duncan nowhere to be seen

Jordon Ibe has disappeared off the face of the earth

Bielik still not deemed fit enough 

We’re a mess aren’t we?

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

JHI - Rosenior singing his praises and then taken out of the squad completely, another that must be totally baffled. 

We’re a mess aren’t we?

Not really. Don't expect too much for Bobby Duncan to be in the first team at any time. 

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

We’re a mess aren’t we?

Not overreating at all...

3 of those clearly need to rebuild fitness. 1 of them has been severely ill for weeks.

Shinnie is being overlooked by more technical players. He'll fight for his position like he has done twice already in his Derby career.

Trialist is battling with Stretton for the same role. Stretton has done so much more this season and deserves his place. If he keeps performing in training he'll be back in the squad at the weekend.

Archived