Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only question mark for me would be the inclusion of Rooney over Sibley.

It’s a little concerning that Ibe, Bielik and Te Wierik are not making the squad at this point, as they would have been identified as key players at the start of the season.

We have to hope their time will come during the bonkers December schedule.

Part of me worries that Te Wierik may be on his way in January and we’ll never know what he could have done in a Derby shirt.

4 minutes ago, Mckram said:

We need an early goal tonight. I think it could transform us.

We have to score tonight from open play!

Massively - as poor as we’ve been this season a huge contributing factor is our confidence, or lack thereof. An early goal could completely change us

1 minute ago, angieram said:

My colour-blind husband hates red v blue, especially under floodlights. He really struggles to tell them apart.

He will be watching  those dayglo socks tonight as it will be the only difference for him.

Scrap that, Middlesbrough in white socks so there's no difference! 

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

It’s a little concerning that Ibe, Bielik and Te Wierik are not making the squad at this point, as they would have been identified as key players at the start of the season.

Part of me worries that Te Wierik may be on his way in January and we’ll never know what he could have done in a Derby shirt.

Ibe has had some sort of illness apparently. I suspect Te Weirik might be in a bit of trouble. He is very much a Cocu signing and might find himself out of favour without really getting a chance to prove himself. 

What in the world? We thought triallist might be starting and now he's behind CKR and Stretton?

Him and Shinnie show it doesn't matter how well you're playing you'll probably still be dropped.

Joz to switch to the left second half when Tom is found lacking. Not exactly inspiring faith this committee. 

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Ibe ill again, Bielik seems to want an easier way back with under 23s.

Dutch Mike had a couple of nightmares just as Davies stepped up and Wizzy came back. Not ideal. I think he'll wait for his chance though, seems a decent pro.

Rooney will always pick himself, thinks he can make enough difference on the pitch to get the points and the job. Sadly his arrogance isn't quite as justified as Taribo or Igor. I think Triallist dropping out of the squad is the biggest surprise.

8 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

The fact Sibley cannot get into this 11 means either Sibley is absolutely dogpoo, or it is another very very strange decision.

Our top goalscorer since we cam back from the first lockdown and he is on the bench, for a team that cant score goals.

Archived