Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

Just now, Derbados said:

Feel so sorry for Shinnie, he must be fuming deep down. 

JHI - Rosenior singing his praises and then taken out of the squad completely, another that must be totally baffled. 

Bobby Duncan nowhere to be seen

Jordon Ibe has disappeared off the face of the earth

Bielik still not deemed fit enough 

We’re a mess aren’t we?

Shinnie is too defensive; he does it well but inhibits our forward movement.

JHI could perhaps have injured himself over the last 48 hours.

Stretton perhaps deserves to step up based on his performances this season rather than Duncan.

Ibe and Bielik for known reasons are not yet fully match fit.

You nailed it though with with ‘we are a mess’. But ..... they are our mess, and tonight we are going to win and score at least twice.

COYR!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Not overreating at all...

3 of those clearly need to rebuild fitness. 1 of them has been severely ill for weeks.

Shinnie is being overlooked by more technical players. He'll fight for his position like he has done twice already in his Derby career.

Trialist is battling with Stretton for the same role. Stretton has done so much more this season and deserves his place. If he keeps performing in training he'll be back in the squad at the weekend.

Overreacting ? 

have you seen where we are in the league? 

hilarious 

46 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I'm honestly not a negative person at all,  just say things how I see it and if that's very bad then I say it even if other people may not want to hear it. It's better to get to the crux of the situation than farting around the reality until it eventually hits home imo. 

How is your relentless moaning on here and calling folk deluded every 5 seconds 'getting to the crux of things?' It wouldn't be so irritating if you actually offered any thoughts on how to improve things as opposed to incessantly rubbishing all and sundry. You seem completely determined to make everyone feel just as miserable as you clearly are.

I hope you won't take offence at this as I 'just say things how I see it (sic) and if that's very bad then I say it even if other people may not want to hear it'.

18 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Agreed

18 minutes ago, Derbados said:

JHI - Rosenior singing his praises and then taken out of the squad completely, another that must be totally baffled. 

Could've picked up a knock? Need to see why he isn't picked. 

19 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Not fit yet. 

Is ill atm. 

Been out for 9 months, it is going to take time to get back up to full fitness. Don't want to rush him back like we did with Thorne previously. 

20 minutes ago, Derbados said:

We’re a mess aren’t we?

For having players not fully fit after injuries? 

15 minutes ago, Derbados said:

We’re a mess aren’t we?

I feel sorry for Shinnie too, but I suspect it’s a case of horses for courses.

No idea about JHI, but maybe they think he’d just be bullied by Boro.

Duncan - barely played in the past year and hasn’t featured much for the U23s, so no surprise, just needs time.

Ibe - well documented illness when he was on the cusp of breaking into the team.

Bielik - I’d rather we were sensible with him, he’ll be much more useful fully fit for the rest of the season than risking him picking up another injury by rushing him back.

42 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Is Bielik still not bloody ready?

More frustratingly, why are we playing in blue ffs? 

Our white shirts clash with Boro’s red ones, like they did at Bristol last Saturday...or with Christmas coming up the club might be hoping kids badger their parents for the blue kit. ?

20 minutes ago, Derbados said:

We’re a mess aren’t we?

Could be that one or more of these would be Rosenoir's picks for the team/squad but "the commitee" decided he was playing and he wanted Bird and not Shinnie. I'm not surprised or upset about Bielik, I'd love him in but he's coming back from a major inury.

47 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Is Bielik still not bloody ready?

More frustratingly, why are we playing in blue ffs? 

My colour-blind husband hates red v blue, especially under floodlights. He really struggles to tell them apart.

He will be watching  those dayglo socks tonight as it will be the only difference for him.

Archived