Rooney: "A change was needed"

Bubbles

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Over 2 years of interviews/press conferences I still haven’t understood a bloody word Bielsa has spoken. Perhaps his interpreter is the decent manager of the two?

I really can't argue with that ??. Get him in... Maybe he is only good as a number 2 though?? 

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, wollatonram said:

The thing that really irritated me about the press conference is both are almost pitching themselves for the main job. If neither of them get it (I hope), then both of them have to go ahead of a new managers arrival IMO.

Why do they have to go?

There has been many times when coaching staff have stepped in after a manager has been dismissed. Most of the time the interim person says they would like the job. Yet when a new manager comes in they revert to their previous role.

Just look at Darren Wassall!

1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

From the comments on here over the last few days, it's blindingly obvious those who don't want Rooney as manager just have a dislike for him, nothing more.

Nothing to do with his ability as a potential manager.

You say it yourself ..... "his potential as a manager" and that's all it is. A simpler explanation for what you complain about is that people think our new manager should have more than 'potential' and actually have some experience proving  their ability as a manager, not to mention may be able to avoid the inevitable mistakes when learning the job.

We have had unlikeable people as managers before, think Billy Davies, but it was OK cos he was OUR unlikeable manager. Rooney as a person is not necessarily likeable but that's not the point. Many great players have failed as managers and that why some of us don't just want to rely on his 'potential'.

5 hours ago, BIllyD said:

I'm not a body language expert so maybe that's the angle you coming from, but why is it odd ? Everyone is different arent they, some are very adapt listeners and show it that way, some just sit their paying attention to what is being said.

Me, I always sit their nodding away when the missus speaks, I must admit though 90% of the time I'm not even listening.

Odd may not have been the correct word.

I'm not a body language expert by any means but I do understand it some what.

Its just what I think is right, if you show support or agreement with something nodding away suggests you are listening and agreeing, along with looking in the direction of the person speaking (another thing I noticed Wayne didn't do i believe ill stand corrected but I'm not watching the bloody video again).

It doesn't mean you are listening! But it shows support ala your comment about the wife. We all nod and agree for our own sanity ?

5 hours ago, Tombo said:

Can't wait for this place to explode tomorrow when Rooney picks himself to play.

Rightly so as well, because I'm bored of his ego stinking up the club. Can't wait for him to leave.

If by chance the new owners are reading this, Wayne Rooney is the worst possible option for manager you could pick right now, I promise you.

And do you think that they would be anywhere near the club if Wayne Rooney wasn’t....??? 

32 minutes ago, DRBee said:

You say it yourself ..... "his potential as a manager" and that's all it is. A simpler explanation for what you complain about is that people think our new manager should have more than 'potential' and actually have some experience proving  their ability as a manager, not to mention may be able to avoid the inevitable mistakes when learning the job.

We have had unlikeable people as managers before, think Billy Davies, but it was OK cos he was OUR unlikeable manager. Rooney as a person is not necessarily likeable but that's not the point. Many great players have failed as managers and that why some of us don't just want to rely on his 'potential'.

"because I'm bored of his ego stinking up the club. Can't wait for him to leave."

Just one iv'e picked out, doesn't sound like a worry about his ability as a manager.

I stand by what I said, it's personal imo.

7 minutes ago, Beanie said:

Is he?

Yes. You can see it. You're not expecting his chin to hit his chest when nodding are you?

Not that I see that what you're saying has any proof - your logic linking not nodding in agreement (on camera) to not getting on is tenuous at best. 

But even if they don't get on they can still work together for the best of the club, I believe not all footballers in the same squad always get on - goodness whatever next.

35 minutes ago, DRBee said:

I am not convinced in the football world that having actual management experience makes you more equipped to manage a team than someone who has had a fantastic playing career at the highest level, playing under numerous high quality club and international managers. Similarly many great Managers have failed as managers (at some clubs).  Picking a manager is quite a lottery at Championship/lower Prem level. There are an elite few at the very top of their profession, but none are remotely likely to see the Rams as their next destination.

4 hours ago, YoxallRam said:

Derby is a step up to Watford. Behave. Watford are 2nd, they’ve just come down from the Prem so have money to push for promotion in January. We’re bottom, no manager, new owners that nobody really knows much about. Even if they do have money to invest we’re limited by FFP.

You clearly don’t. I bet you didn’t like Ince, or Chris Martin either. You don’t see he actually brings to the team.

?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes. You can see it. You're not expecting his chin to hit his chest when nodding are you?

Not that I see that what you're saying has any proof - your logic linking not nodding in agreement (on camera) to not getting on is tenuous at best. 

But even if they don't get on they can still work together for the best of the club, I believe not all footballers in the same squad always get on - goodness whatever next.

Apologies im not saying that they don't get on or can't work together, nor did I suggest they don't get on. I'm just suggesting that acknowledgment both ways might strengthen that feeling.

I actually think that despite any desire for either individually getting the management position, they will work together, because ultimately they want what is best for the club and truly if either wants the gig they will have to prove themselves in this short period.

I unlike many others am excited for tomorrow, i really do hope it works and we at least can put out a positive performance even if that doesn't mean 3 points.

I think us at fans at least need to see that we are working in the right direction

We need points so hope they do well. If they do, I hope they give Rosenior the job. Read that interview in The Athletic and I’m sold. Clearly this is something he has built towards for most of his life and he has that drive and hunger to succeed as a coach, therefore I think he will be better prepared than Rooney for the challenge. If Wayne gets it I hope Rosenior sticks around to support him as if he doesn’t I think we would be losing a potential gem.

Quite looking forward to watching us with the shackles off, but slightly concerned that we’re not the fittest team and when we try to put more emphasis on attack we become very easy to play through.

We will see.

Archived