Rooney: "A change was needed"

Bubbles

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's becoming quite clear that he thought he was doing us a massive favour by coming here and when the incumbent manager didn't show deference to him he threw a strop

IMO he clearly wants to be manager so we either go with him or get rid of him and bring someone else in as I can't see Rooney being happy taking orders from another manager now. His opinion of himself is too high.

7 hours ago, YoxallRam said:

Derby is a step up to Watford. Behave. Watford are 2nd, they’ve just come down from the Prem so have money to push for promotion in January. We’re bottom, no manager, new owners that nobody really knows much about. Even if they do have money to invest we’re limited by FFP.

You clearly don’t. I bet you didn’t like Ince, or Chris Martin either. You don’t see he actually brings to the team.

Derby will always be a step up from Watford, even if we were in the fourth division. Their biggest achievement is winning the league above that a couple of times.

6 hours ago, IslandExile said:

I wonder which players Rooney was referring to when he said that "some, in particular, had stepped up several levels in training this week".

Can't be those on international duty so who?

Himself? Bird? Sibley? Waggy?

I imagine Forsyth, Davies & Shinnie always give it everything.

Yep I listened to that with particular interest,,, it’s not like we have a few Chris martins knocking around now with a fair claim to feeling they should be in the side but being left in the wilderness , one thing I find hard to accept is that cocu was not very much of the opinion of giving our squad a clean sheet and players being able to play they’re way into the team ??‍♂️, the chopping and changing bit I can go with though and he appeared in my view to rest players once they hit form ( wrongly?) Buchanan being one and the polish lad ,so I’m not sure what Rooney is saying is correct or fair

9 hours ago, Ramley Apple said:

I think it's becoming quite clear that he thought he was doing us a massive favour by coming here and when the incumbent manager didn't show deference to him he threw a strop

IMO he clearly wants to be manager so we either go with him or get rid of him and bring someone else in as I can't see Rooney being happy taking orders from another manager now. His opinion of himself is too high.

How do you come to that conclusion?

11 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

We need points so hope they do well. If they do, I hope they give Rosenior the job. Read that interview in The Athletic and I’m sold. Clearly this is something he has built towards for most of his life and he has that drive and hunger to succeed as a coach, therefore I think he will be better prepared than Rooney for the challenge. If Wayne gets it I hope Rosenior sticks around to support him as if he doesn’t I think we would be losing a potential gem.

Quite looking forward to watching us with the shackles off, but slightly concerned that we’re not the fittest team and when we try to put more emphasis on attack we become very easy to play through.

We will see.

I am not sure the shackles will be off if Wazza plays...hope he is on the touch line....

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I am not sure the shackles will be off if Wazza plays...hope he is on the touch line....

Biggest problem for anyone is the mismanagement that has got us into a position where we are playing without a proven recognised centre forward at this level. Big task ahead to manage a way around that until Jan hopefully 

6 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Biggest problem for anyone is the mismanagement that has got us into a position where we are playing without a proven recognised centre forward at this level. Big task ahead to manage a way around that until Jan hopefully 

Agreed. But now players are back fit I think we need the energy and pace of Knight, Polish lad, Sibley and Lawrence starting.....Rooney slows the tempo down too much and disrupts this. I think the time is right to say thanks Wayne and let him start his management career in the lower leagues ?

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Agreed. But now players are back fit I think we need the energy and pace of Knight, Polish lad, Sibley and Lawrence starting.....Rooney slows the tempo down too much and disrupts this. I think the time is right to say thanks Wayne and let him start his management career in the lower leagues ?

I disagree, i think it was the way he was told to play. I'm sure they will now want to play quick attacking football and I think Rooney will be ale to show his obvious quality.

He will definitely play so we will see.

Just now, mwram1973 said:

I disagree, i think it was the way he was told to play. I'm sure they will now want to play quick attacking football and I think Rooney will be ale to show his obvious quality.

He will definitely play so we will see.

Where will he play and who will miss out then?

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

It's a tough one, in his interview he was asked where he sees his best position and he said he likes to get on the ball and bring others into the game. I would have thought he'd be looking at either a number 10 role or just in front of the back 4.

It all depends too on what system they are going to play, Liam said they have pretty much crammed 2 months worth of tactics into 2-3 days of training so somethings changing surely.

Just now, mwram1973 said:

It's a tough one, in his interview he was asked where he sees his best position and he said he likes to get on the ball and bring others into the game. I would have thought he'd be looking at either a number 10 role or just in front of the back 4.

It all depends too on what system they are going to play, Liam said they have pretty much crammed 2 months worth of tactics into 2-3 days of training so somethings changing surely.

So who misses out though, someone has to...Bielik, Shinnie, Sibley, Lawrence, Waghorn? I just think he is no longer good enough to start when we have nearly a fully fit squad with just Ibe and Duncan to possibly be considered....

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You make it sound like we have team full of excellently playing, undroppable individuals ?

Marshall and Buchanan will play as they don't have real competition. Knight and Jozwiak has earned their shirt with ability and effort, but the rest? Meh.

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

You make it sound like we have team full of excellently playing, undroppable individuals ?

Marshall and Buchanan will play as they don't have real competition. Knight and Jozwiak has earned their shirt with ability and effort, but the rest? Meh.

Not at all...my point is I think we looked better in the games he missed and I think we need some pace and energy in the team. Rooney disrupts this and to play him will mean probably Sibley missing out. Sibley offers more in my view....

Archived