Rooney: "A change was needed"

Bubbles

23 pages. I take it none of you have picked up yet on Ros using the "Simplicity Is Genius" line in the interview?

I've mentioned it a few times on here over the years and it was on the wall at The BBG when Jim Smith worked his magic.

Football is a simple game and if played simply at the right times can become a work of genius for all the simple football people involved and all us simple football fans to watch!

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not commented on this because I didn’t want to make a rash judgement.

We've now put ourself in an awkward spot. I’m not at all keen on the idea of Rooney as manager but I’ll get behind whoever we pick I really don’t like the media circus Rooney brings plus he’s hasn’t looked like he’s been pulling his weight in games recently so it doesn’t sit quite right with me.

Also lets not kid ourselves that Rosenior stands a chance if it goes well. It’ll go to Rooney! 

That said there is one appointment that I would make me much more positive about this. Bringing Mac into the fold and task him with what he’s best at- working those players on the training ground just like he did under TBE!

28 minutes ago, Beetroot said:

I'll be positive when I see the correct line up and formation. If Rooney goes 3 at the back I'm done with this club and this forum*.

*subject to recieved opposition to my leaving on my yet to be created leaving the forum thread.

I oppose you leaving lol in this thread. .

Rather Boycie left. 

3 hours ago, GenBr said:

...and have been stuck in the second tier for 20 years...

It does seem like it, doesn't it!

But it's only 13 years since we were breaking premiership records left, right, and centre!   
If only we could get back to replicating that all over again!

Oh... erm... 

14 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Are we having a repeat of the Lampard situation where if you're not sufficiently star-struck enough by Wayne Rooney being at the club you are now just wrong? 

Very much seems that way, opinions trumped as “fact” is what gets me, not just in this case but elsewhere.

Archived