Rooney: "A change was needed"

Bubbles

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

We're not talking the Wardrobe are we! ? Yeah it's odd how some fans think the only way to play fast football is by running around really quickly! ?

??. 100%, fast football doesn't have to involve running around like Benny Hill, that's why I think Rooney will now show his quality.

Watch him have an absolute duckin mare now ?

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GenBr said:

Maybe 60 years ago that would be correct. Derby is not a step up from Watford at the moment. You can't use achievements from more than half a century ago as a reason why we could be considered a bigger, more attractive club.

Watford have far more money to spend and a higher allowable loss under FFP. Until this year they were an established Premier League club and they are far one of the favourites to get promoted again this year. They also have plans to either expand the stadium or build an entirely new one. We are bottom of the Championship and have been stuck in the second tier for 20 years - any manager who thinks we are a step up needs their head looking at. We have a better academy and training ground, but that is pretty much it.

They have their own stadium and we don’t. 

10 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Anyone else think Ibe will get a game today?. I just have a feeling he's been ready for a few weeks but hasn't been given a chance.

More chance me having £5000 on Derby winning the championship title and winning than Ibe starting before Christmas I feel, I’m not genuinely having a go. But he’s had 45 minutes of u23 football since summer I think and that was a month ago 

20 minutes ago, Beetroot said:

Only decent run of results recently was with 4-2-3-1, rooney/bird as the 2?

I get a feeling Rooney fancies himself in a nice long Arsene Wenger coat standing on the sidelines though. I don't reckon he'll want to start the match and let Liamook like the boss.

3-4-3 has seen the better performances 

17 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Anyone else think Ibe will get a game today?. I just have a feeling he's been ready for a few weeks but hasn't been given a chance.

He’s had Gastroenteritis and not been training so doubt it

17 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

He’s been ill for a while, only just got back training. I’d imagine he’s been put back a few weeks now. 

1 hour ago, David said:

To quote Colin Murray again

”I have never heard a bad word said against him. He is the type of guy you’d run through walls for and, if you refused, he would put you through it!”

Regardless of where we all stand on this, I’m sure we can all agree that hopefully the above is true and we see that starting today.

This!!!

THE ONE THING modern football in general, and particularly us have missed.

Power and aggression in the play. Its why I'm finding Rugby a more satisfying watch at the minute.  

All he/they have to do initially, to get a gold sticker from me is find some of that. 

We can build from there exponentially, of that I'm certain. 

Over to you fatty bum bum....

47 minutes ago, David said:

Needs more Rooney in that team.

4-2-3-1 is a formation that has never really worked well for us. It’s our bogey formation. 

There’s always a place for him.

in the bloody Reserves! ?

15 minutes ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

This!!!

THE ONE THING modern football in general, and particularly us have missed.

Power and aggression in the play. Its why I'm finding Rugby a more satisfying watch at the minute.  

All he/they have to do initially, to get a gold sticker from me is find some of that. 

We can build from there exponentially, of that I'm certain. 

Over to you fatty bum bum....

We had that..... Under Rowett, but he plays “boring” football ??‍♂️

7 minutes ago, David said:

Nobody looks at that until after Christmas. Stop being so negative. It’s match day. We’re going to win. Rooney is great. 3-4-3 is the future.

I'll be positive when I see the correct line up and formation. If Rooney goes 3 at the back I'm done with this club and this forum*.

*subject to recieved opposition to my leaving on my yet to be created leaving the forum thread.

1 minute ago, Beetroot said:

I'll be positive when I see the correct line up and formation. If Rooney goes 3 at the back I'm done with this club and this forum*.

*subject to recieved opposition to my leaving on my yet to be created leaving the forum thread.

Snow White Reaction GIF by Cheezburger

12 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

We had that..... Under Rowett, but he plays “boring” football ??‍♂️

I'm thinking aggression and power when it is fused stylisitically with a mid 90's Man Utd, a mid Noughties Arsenal a modern day Leeds or Leicester.

Not a 1988 Wimbledon (although it was effective)

Just now, IronRam 140.6 said:

I'm thinking pace and power when it is fused stylisitically with a mid 90's Man Utd, a mid Noughties Arsenal a modern day Leeds or Leicester.

Not a 1988 Wimbledon (although it was effective)

Rowetts team were far removed from being a “Wimbledon” as you can imagine. 

Leicester agreed 

Archived