Rooney: "A change was needed"

Bubbles

Rooney's first comment in the press conference is "I think the change was needed".

To me this comes across a bit shady? Cocu gave him his first managerial gig, and ultimately Rooney is responsible aswell as Cocu, but it seems to me that he isn't taking responsibility for that...

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Rooney's first comment in the press conference is "I think the change was needed".

To me this comes across a bit shady? Cocu gave him his first managerial gig, and ultimately Rooney is responsible aswell as Cocu, but it seems to me that he isn't taking responsibility for that...

The DET says it like this:

"Rooney saying it has been a ‘strange week’, says a big thank you to Phillip Cocu and his staff but felt change was needed because of the team’s form.."

9 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Not wrong though is he. I'd rather they just be honest

It doesn't sit well with me. I found the articles surrounding Rooney eventually replacing Cocu distasteful and the one with John Gregory (who shares the same agent as Rooney) struck me as a power play at the time. 

He's probably right. Rooney will have a very good idea of how top class managers conduct themselves and perhaps he's not been impressed. it's fair enough. I just would've rather him keep his trap shut, because this fuels the fire that some players downed tools somewhat. 

So what's he said that is so wrong?. He wasn't responsible for cocus sacking, he was learning from him, I very much doubt he had any input into tactics and who should play. 99% of folk on here said he needed to go, nice guy but not good enough and a change is needed. Rooney's just saying what everyone else is saying. Nothing more.

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It doesn't sit well with me. I found the articles surrounding Rooney eventually replacing Cocu distasteful and the one with John Gregory (who shares the same agent as Rooney) struck me as a power play at the time. 

Did Rooney write them?

Rosenior wants the job too, maybe he wrote them to nobble Rooney!!! 

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He's probably right. Rooney will have a very good idea of how top class managers conduct themselves and perhaps he's not been impressed. it's fair enough. I just would've rather him keep his trap shut, because this fuels the fire that some players downed tools somewhat. 

John Gregory scares the living hell out of me.

Archived