Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

In the Daily Mail article it says the shortfall for wages is 500k - the sale or MTW & Holmes will cover that so hopefully get that sorted and lift the embargo

Time to go and get other investors

Logically though if the revenue from player sales covers running costs then there won't be anything left in the kitty for new transfers so having the embargo lifted will do us no good?

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I know people are saying the owners have been playing owners for free in terms of decisions but I very much doubt they have made the decisions.

With them potentially buying us they would have been consulted as any changes would then change what they're buying.

So Mel would have wanted to sack Cocu, hire McClaren & Rooney - he would have just ran it past the potential new owners too

Makes sense to me

Agree.

I'm only guessing of course, but that's how I'd imagine things to be.  

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Logically though if the revenue from player sales covers running costs then there won't be anything left in the kitty for new transfers so having the embargo lifted will do us no good?

Add in any loan Morris brings in and other sales like Gordon it will mean we can bring players in

6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

We dont need new owners to bring players in, the embargo is due to wages being paid.

We have paid wages every month previously just not the month we expected the Sheikh to pay. Morris is now finding a way to free up or get that money and I would think if he is getting a loan it will be enough to cover the rest of the seasons wages

If we can't currently afford to pay salaries and the loan is only to cover those salaries then where does any money for transfers come from? 

10 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Does it really matter if the transfer window is closed or not? If we can't pay the players we already have it doesn't really matter if we pay the wages for last month. Any other investment is going to take longer to come to fruition that this transfer window.

If the rumours are true then another group of investors might just might have been talking to MM since December 24th, All guesswork on my part.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If we can't currently afford to pay salaries and the loan is only to cover those salaries then where does any money for transfers come from? 

And what about salaries for the rest of the season? Who'd come to Derby with this uncertainty?

2 minutes ago, Gritty said:

And what about salaries for the rest of the season? Who'd come to Derby with this uncertainty?

I would think any new loan or money freed up by Morris will be to cover the rest of the seasons wages.

We have paid the players fine every month except when Morris expected the Sheikh to pay so had no money left in the 'pot'. But he has paid every other month whether his own money or loans

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Who is to say the loan would be only to cover those salaries?

Other sales like Gordon would cover any incomings

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Daily fail ... I’m not even opening it 

Tells you exactly what you already know but with a added bit of mock shock........like the shiek is not a direct cousin of mansour.... Which is everyone knows but apparently Derby didn't.. I don't think

27 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It doesn’t exist. It’s come from Mels pocket for five years...

Archived